Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Build log--1100R (plans #JDT-182) Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Build log--1100R (plans #JDT-182)  This thread currently has 111,258 views. Print
19 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Recommend Thread
iter
July 11, 2013, 8:12pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 309 days 1 hours 7 minutes
I'm past trying to hang it from the ceiling :=( The fuse hung from an office ceiling for two and a half years, and it's sitting in friends' warehouse now. You know the stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance)? I'm past bargaining ("just give me a place to store it for a year and I'll finish it!"). The project needs to go.

If you can put the word out, please do.

Ari.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 540 - 553
tjspindler
July 11, 2013, 8:59pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 14 days 1 hours 55 minutes
Don't give up Ari I have been through what you are now and one day down the road you will regret it.  My wife left me after 26 years together and I went through all the stages and got rid of all the things that reminded me of that life.  I regret it every day now those were the things that meant the most to me and one day you will want those thing back.  I know I did because those thing meant a lot to my kids because we had memories about the good times working on them together.  Trust me you will want to finish the plane one day.  Sorry to preach but I understand.  Maybe you have a friend that can help you store it until your ready?

I wish you the best of luck

Tom
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 541 - 553
rray
July 12, 2013, 9:00pm Report to Moderator
Wing Man
Time Online: 13 days 7 hours 25 minutes
   Ari, I feel for you, and understand you're position. I went through much the same thing. My ex did'nt want me building an airplane. She also did'nt want me to see my friends or family, consequently, my plane hung in a barn for 14 years.We divorced years ago, but the bad taste is still there. I recently started working on mine a year ago, and now hope to fly early this Fall. I agree with TJ. If there' any way you can store it, do so. It won't spoil. You won't regret it.   Randy  ps; I now have an air conditioned hanger, some people call a living room.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 542 - 553
iter
July 13, 2013, 4:20am Report to Moderator

Ace
Guys, I appreciate your encouragement, but it's not helpful. It's hard enough to let go of this project without people telling me that I'm wrong :=)

If you think it's a worthwhile build, PM me with an offer or your idea of what it may be worth.

Ari.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 543 - 553
skyblazer
July 15, 2013, 6:42am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 29 days 11 hours 48 minutes
I have to say this post has made me a bit sad, it's like reading a book with a bad ending, but I know family is TOP priority too.

Dwight
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 544 - 553
Bob Daly
July 15, 2013, 2:20pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 45 days 22 hours 25 minutes
Ari, you've likely learned enough to bang a Max together in half the time the next time around.  And you've got the plans (ED: now free from the TEAM website).
Private Message Reply: 545 - 553
iter
July 15, 2013, 8:10pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Plans are part of the package I'm offering for sale.

I don't see this as a bad ending, on the contrary! This thread starts with a man who's incomplete, working solo on a single-seat project which he starts to distract himself from his joblessness. It ends with a man who is a father, taking responsibility for himself and his child; running his own business; helping his customers and supporting his contractors. The protagonist has matured into a fuller, more complete man. The projects he is building may be less glamorous, but he is building them with associates. He has integrated himself more tightly with a community. In a sense, he has created much of this community in the first place. He is a little prince who has grown into a king and succeeded to a kingdom :=)

Ari.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 546 - 553
tjspindler
July 15, 2013, 10:14pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Well said!  Your good man and a great father and I wish you the best of luck.
Fyi  Kids love going to Airventure at Oshkosh I know mine did. Great way to share your love of flight with her!

Tom
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 547 - 553
AC1600R
July 15, 2013, 10:40pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 21 days 8 hours 2 minutes
Ari, I have been following this thread since I joined not but a month or so ago. I must admit that I felt really sad every time I opened it, until today. I found your most recent post to be one of the most inspirational things I have read in quite some time. You may not have known this was going to happen when you posted that, but you touched a life today.

-Sean

Sean Winship
Middle Tennessee
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 548 - 553
Ricardo
July 16, 2013, 8:56am Report to Moderator

Videos in UTube: ral1951
Ace
Time Online: 75 days 23 hours 15 minutes
"A man has to do what he has to do" a very simple statement heard off a Clint Eastwood movie, I think every man should follow.
Wish you the best Ari, I'm sure you're on the right track.
Ricardo
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 549 - 553
iter
November 10, 2013, 5:08am Report to Moderator

Ace
As of this past Wednesday, another builder is taking over the project. I understand that he intends to continue this thread, in which he has my support. I am looking forward to following his progress.

Ari.

Attachment: img_1464sm_2236.jpg
Size: 192.91 KB

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 550 - 553
Bob Hoskins
November 10, 2013, 10:19pm Report to Moderator

Fly Safe
Ace
Time Online: 38 days 16 hours 39 minutes
Hi Ari;
I have watched your progress since you started. I hate to hear that you will not be completing it. But life changes how we look at things sometimes. I wish you the best of luck for the future. And I know what ever project you take on will be done like a pro. You have done a great job on your max. And  I hope the person that bought it will continue the thread. It is like a documentary on building a max. It will be a great tool for the beginner and I for one thank you for your effort.  
How about stopping by with a post once in a while and letting us know how your doing ?
Take care Ari.
Bob

Fly safe and have fun.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 551 - 553
iter
November 11, 2013, 1:57am Report to Moderator

Ace
Thank you Bob. Your friendship and others' I've met here on the forum is what I take away from this project.

I've owned this house for 9 years. I've had the 1100 in it for 6 out of these 9 years--the house has had the airplane in it longer than it hasn't. I cleaned up over the weekend and took a photo kind of like the original one I posted way at the beginning of the thread.

Bookends.

Ari.

Attachment: img_2424_8486.jpg
Size: 92.45 KB

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 552 - 553
tjspindler
November 20, 2013, 9:43pm Report to Moderator
Ace
I'm happy to see you still have lots of RC planes.  Of all the changes that I have gone through and all the moves I have made the one thing that will never change is my love for RC airplanes!  I have some that are almost 40 years old and still fly!

Tom
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 553 - 553
19 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment