Print Topic - Archive

ETLB Squawk Forums  /  miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  /  Amount of aileron deflection
Posted by: PoconoJohn, March 27, 2024, 7:31pm
I'm working on smoothing out a few sections (of wing) to allow the aileron to move freely and also make sure there's room for the fabric. I'm wondering how much up and down movement the aileron needs. I know the ultimate limit will be the movement of the controls, but I want to make sure I don't sand any more wood than needed for a good fit.

Thanks!

John C
Posted by: lake_harley, March 28, 2024, 1:17am; Reply: 1
I'm pretty sure there's a figure for up and down deflection in the builders manual but I can't find mine right now. If I had to venture a guess I think it's 30* up and 15* down, but that's off the top of my head. I hope I didn't send my builder manual with my 1st MiniMAX when I sold it.

Also, if memory serves a safe number for aileron nose to wing trailing edges is around 3/32" (about .080" to .090" in decimal)

Lynn
Posted by: Larry, March 28, 2024, 1:33am; Reply: 2
I couldn't fine anything, but it's pretty much set by the aileron yoke and control horns. Should be more up than down aileron. It takes very little movement to roll it over into a turn.
Posted by: gangeli, March 28, 2024, 12:16pm; Reply: 3
I have used these numbers for the range of motion of the control surfaces in my build:
Posted by: PoconoJohn, March 28, 2024, 8:08pm; Reply: 4
Thank you all!

John C
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 4:50am