Print Topic - Archive

ETLB Squawk Forums  /  miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  /  Aileron Connection (1700R)
Posted by: bigblockz8, December 6, 2016, 7:21am
On my 1700 I had to assemble everything together after it was delivered. So far the wings are on but I have a slight problem. Right now the ailerons are only loosely connected so that I do not loose the hardware. I am having trouble understanding part of the plans showing how to connect them. Can somebody please share a photo of how to do this since I am having a brain fart?
Posted by: bigbrixx1, December 6, 2016, 7:18pm; Reply: 1
Do you need to see inside the cockpit or outside at aileron?
Posted by: bigblockz8, December 6, 2016, 10:53pm; Reply: 2
Outside connection please.
Posted by: bigbrixx1, December 7, 2016, 5:39am; Reply: 3
I'll take a couple pics today and post later tonight!
Posted by: bigbrixx1, December 7, 2016, 10:26pm; Reply: 4
See if theses help. Don't forget to locktite and safety wire. Also new locknuts!
Posted by: bigblockz8, December 8, 2016, 2:33am; Reply: 5
Thank you very much! This was a great help.
Posted by: Keith103, December 25, 2016, 11:31am; Reply: 6
I notice a slight dogleg in the aileron cable in Brian's pics, a few inches short of the cable-tip. Is that normal ?  I thought it might hinder the inner cable's free movement.
Brian, this question is just for my education. You have a great project going there, I appreciate the fact that you spend a lot of time in sharing your build's progress with the forum.
Posted by: VMAXAustria, March 14, 2024, 1:15pm; Reply: 7
Dear bigbrixx1, is this the standard aileron connection or custom built? Do you maybe know which specs this joint rod head has? Many Thanks,
Posted by: flydog, March 14, 2024, 8:16pm; Reply: 8
Vmax, I,m more familiar with the Airbike so take this with a grain of salt, it does appear to be the standard connection and it also looks like a pic of the elevator.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 12:22pm