Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Like your engine? Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

Like your engine?  This thread currently has 81 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
PoconoJohn
May 1, 2024, 3:35pm Report to Moderator
Flight Leader
Time Online: 1 days 8 hours 18 minutes
I'm trying to figure out what to do for an engine. With Rotax 503 being in short supply, I'm not sure of my options. I'm building the 1650 EROS. So I'm wondering what engine you have and if you're happy with it or wish you had something else. Also, any suggestions?

Thanks,

John C
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
kenpowell
May 1, 2024, 8:43pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 1 days 10 hours 4 minutes
[face=Arial][/face]I'm about 75% complete on a 1600R and I'm presently working on the engine conversion.  I'm going to use a Briggs and Stratton 993CC 37 HP generator engine in a direct drive / hand propped configuration.  Installed engine weight should be under 88 lbs including oil and exhaust.  See details in this thread:
https://www.homebuiltairplanes.....sation-thread.35455/
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
beragoobruce
May 2, 2024, 12:28am Report to Moderator
Built an Eros - now I'm flying it!
Ace
Time Online: 19 days 10 hours 59 minutes
I used an MZ202 engine in my Eros. Very impressed with the engine & the performance it gave.

The engine was built in Canada by Compact Radial, but the business was later sold to the Chinese.

Here is a link to the Australian dealer: https://aerochute.com.au/upcp_product/fiate-mz202-replacement-engine/

With a bit of research you should be able to find the Chinese company, & buy direct from them.

Bruce
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment