Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Rudder and Tail Wheel Cables Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Rudder and Tail Wheel Cables  This thread currently has 144 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
gangeli
June 20, 2023, 12:36pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 4 days 9 hours 10 minutes
1. The cables that control the rudder have turnbuckles that allow for adjusting and tension the cable, but the cables to the tail wheel steering bar don't seem to have any mean of adjusting and tightening.  Has anyone found that to be a problem? How easy is it to fabricate those cables to the perfect length from the start so that there is no slack and the tail wheel is perfectly straight when the rudder is in the neutral position?  Won't they also need to be re-tighten after a certain time?
2. Tony Bingelis in one of his book recommends that a Shakles is used every time a Nicopress sleeve is attached to a single plate, as is the case for the tail wheel cable (image from the book attached).  What is the experience of those that have already built and flown a MiniMax in this regard?
3 Does anybody knows the Safe Working Load of the 3/16" diameter galvanized cable supplied by Team MiniMax?  (a friend has lent me a swaging tool only on the condition that I test the termination I make to the Safe Working Load of the cables before I use them in my airplane).

Attachment: thesportplanebuilder_tonybingelis_pag121_fig1_992.jpg
Size: 97.88 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment