Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Harless Greear Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Harless Greear  This thread currently has 203 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Bob Hoskins
April 11, 2023, 4:42pm Report to Moderator

Fly Safe
Ace
Time Online: 38 days 16 hours 39 minutes
Hi All.
I saddens me to tell you that Harless Greear has passed away. He was a long time member here and was a great guy. He was a very talented man. He was a great contributor here years ago.  We met years ago and became friends quick, LOL. We had a lot in common and also the same planes. He had built a 1400Z and I had done the same thing. I had a few A084 engines and we built an engine mount for one and he put it on his 1400 in place of the Zenoa. It has a custom re-drive on it and he has taken up to 10,000 feet with no problems. He also loved to hunt. He would send me the best deer jerkey I have ever tasted. He lived in south west Virginia and I in mid Tennessee. Wish we had lived closer to each other. His wife has asked me to help her with Harless's plane. It has been in dry storage for a little while with the wings off. I know he had recovered it some years ago and has always been hangered. There are nay sayers on the 084's, but it is a good rugged engine. It burns less than 2 gal per hr. I have no idea what it is worth. If anyone is interested, message me with an offer and I can let his wife know. It is a good plane and I know the spars were modified to carry a VW. The 084 engine dosen't weigh that much.  I know I will miss him a bunch. We could talk for an hour each time we called. He always had a story to tell. One time we were having a video call. He was sitting in an old wooden office chair that squeaked anytime it moved. Well he leaned back a little and it went over backwards with him in it. He was laughing before he hit the floor. I bet we laughed 10 minutes. Great guy.
Bob

Fly safe and have fun.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Cy V
April 11, 2023, 6:40pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 14 days 16 hours 49 minutes
Harless was a great guy, and he will be missed. Harless is the one who introduced me to the Mini-Max line of aircraft. I was taking flying lessons out of the airport he flew out of and he very kindly let me check out his plane one day.

Bad spellers of the world untie!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 4
Bob Hoskins
April 13, 2023, 12:53am Report to Moderator

Fly Safe
Ace
Time Online: 38 days 16 hours 39 minutes
wow, thanks Cy. I guess we are the only ones that remember him! What a shame.

Fly safe and have fun.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 4
beragoobruce
April 14, 2023, 12:38am Report to Moderator
Built an Eros - now I'm flying it!
Ace
Time Online: 19 days 10 hours 59 minutes
Vale Harless.  I remember him well from back in the day.

Bruce
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 4
TreeTopsTom
May 4, 2023, 7:20pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 26 days 13 hours 37 minutes
Sorry to hear of Harless passing. He was a BIG part of this board in its (hayday).
While I didn't know him personally (like Bob), I'm certain he was a Good Guy, (Good ol' Boy).
I'm pretty sure I picked his brain about that 084 engine stuff & I seem to remember always getting an answer.
Funny story about the rocking chair Bob.
God Bless Harless, And more importantly his loved ones left behind.
Private Message Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment