Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Email delivery  for new messages Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

Email delivery  for new messages  This thread currently has 199 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Keith103
October 18, 2022, 3:09pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 13 days 6 hours 31 minutes
Hello Alan, As you may have noticed, activity on ETLB has slowed to almost a trickle. This issue is somewhat common to some other groups too, (except possibly HBA forum, which has a large number of members and so is able to maintain some momentum.)

Presently ETLB requires a visit to the site to monitor activity and view new messages. Alternatively, could new messages be automatically emailed to members (who opt for email delivery) ? Many may opt for this, which may widen participation in the group as checking for new activity and reading new msgs will not require a separate visit . Members can still visit the forum if they wish to, but for some who may forget to visit, emailed msgs will be a reminder that some activity is happening on ETLB.

Not sure if this site ( E-Blah forum software) supports email delivery. Just wanted to check.

Thanks
Private Message
Keith103
November 3, 2022, 6:00am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 13 days 6 hours 31 minutes
Alan has sent me a reply by PM for this question:

>>>>>>>>

Unfortunately, the software doesn't support it fully. If you check out your member center, you will see a way to get notified of responses to messages that you post, but not a way to set up a general synopsis of the news posted during the day.

What really needs to be done is convert everything over to run on new software, but the conversion process over to an actual SQL database format would be a nightmare.

I guess I need to go out there and see if anything has been developed to do that, it's been a while since I checked.

<<<<<<<<
Unquote
Private Message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment