Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  MiniMax Eros engine options Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

MiniMax Eros engine options   This thread currently has 266 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
PDR200
August 16, 2022, 10:46am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 2 hours 36 minutes
Hi All,
I'm looking into building a MiniMax eros and was just wondering engine options are available to suit?
I was very keen on the HKS 700e however it's now out of production. As are the Rotax 2 stroke engines.

Are there any 4 strokes suitable for the Eros?

What is the maximum engine weight that you can use?

Thanks πŸ‘
Logged Offline
Private Message
flydog
August 16, 2022, 10:43pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 50 days 41 minutes
If you were considering a 2-stroke option, have you considered the Hirth engines?
If you are considering a 4-stroke have you considered the V-max (VW) rather than the Eros.
And can the Eros be modified for a VW??
I have never seen any published maximum engine weight/horsepower specs. Best to call Team Minimax.
Or you could look up the weight of the 503, be sure to add in weights for redrive,prop, and exhaust, etc to come up with a safe, or as designed, engine weight.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 6
mullacharjak
August 17, 2022, 3:11am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 3 days 21 hours 12 minutes

ATV 800cc v twin engine made by gaokin industry china.Kevin armstrong in uk converted one for microlight trike.V twin aircraft conversions facebook group may have info.Its 60hp and I think 120-135 lbs. another random search showed sv co china P700 4 cylinder 2 stroke engine at 100 lb weight and 70 hp.No idea if anyone has used it yet.https://youtu.be/dLKEXRapjfY
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 6
PDR200
August 17, 2022, 11:14am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Thanks guys, I'll look into the at 800cc twin. Looks to be what I'm looking for πŸ‘
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 6
Cy V
August 17, 2022, 9:58pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 14 days 16 hours 49 minutes
I really like the v-twin engine mentioned above. Aeromarine makes a really nice redrive for it. I sent an email to TEAM MiniMax a few months ago recommending they adapt the Mini-Max airframe for it but never heard anything back.

It's a little more expensive than the 2-strokes, but I think you'll end up saving money over the long run on rebuilds and fuel. It's probably a lot more reliable than the VWs, too.

https://www.aeromarine-lsa.com/vtwin/

Bad spellers of the world untie!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 6
PDR200
August 18, 2022, 1:13pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Thanks πŸ‘the aeromarine engine look exactly what I'm looking for. Is there any video of it running or flying?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 6
Cy V
August 18, 2022, 1:36pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 14 days 16 hours 49 minutes
Quoted from PDR200
Thanks πŸ‘the aeromarine engine look exactly what I'm looking for. Is there any video of it running or flying?

Yes, you can find videos on YouTube by searching for "Aeromarine V-Twin Engine."

Bad spellers of the world untie!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment