Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  BRS System for Hi-Max? Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

BRS System for Hi-Max?  This thread currently has 228 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
TinmanJones
May 19, 2022, 4:22pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 2 hours 32 minutes
Hey yall.
Does anyone have a BRS system on a Hi-Max?
I've looked around their website and I don't see anything specifically stating "Hi-Max or Mini-Max".
Curious if anyone is using one on their bird or if someone with some knowledge might be able to point me in the direction of what to look for?
Thanks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
PUFF
May 20, 2022, 11:12am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 34 days 6 hours 18 minutes
they've been installed on a few. I once had a soft pack on a minimax behind the seat, setup to blow the side out. I once saw a Hi max with a hard pack on top. never seen one used.

What happens to our birds is the 2 stroke rotax fails, generally, pilot brings her in for a some-what hard landing and destroys the aircraft, pilot survives, with only his underwear soiled, bumps and bruises and a long rebuilding process.  

There have been only (to my knowledge) a couple, maybe 3 deaths. one due to engine failure on climbout and the pilot attempted a turn-back (stall-spin I believe) after taking off from half the runway (remember the rule of using all the runway?).
The second was engine failure on climbout again resulting in stall and not enough time for recovery. Straight in.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 7
PUFF
May 20, 2022, 11:14am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 34 days 6 hours 18 minutes
it's all about carefully managing the engine. I was anal about mine, but still had a failure after I sold the first bird due to an aftermarket component that an Ebay rebuilder installed. I'd love for me and another pilot friend to get hold of that dude.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 7
z28ltr
September 13, 2022, 9:15pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 6 hours 25 minutes
Hi Tinman, I have the same question. Seems nobody has any experience with a himax and BRS and or Magnum chutes.
All you get is a bunch of answers from folks that see an opportunity to display their knowledge about totally unrelated crap like engine-outs or some other unrelated shit. Impossible to find any info.
I have a himax that's been ready to go for 2 years, but I will not fly it without a chute.
If you happen to come across anything, attach points, etc... please let me know. Thanks, z28ltr
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 7
Greg Doe
September 14, 2022, 3:58am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 40 days 14 hours 20 minutes
Puff, Didn't Jimbo have a BRS on his Hi Max? Our meeting is Thursday. I'll ask him if I don't forget?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 7
Tom
September 14, 2022, 11:46am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 16 days 10 hours 21 minutes
The plans I got for the Hi-Max included installation drawings for the BRS chute.  So you should be able to get a copy from Team.  I'd check the web site as they may be available separately as well.

Tom
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 7
Greg Doe
September 14, 2022, 7:41pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 40 days 14 hours 20 minutes
My bad, The friend I was thinking of, Jimbo, had an Airbike. He never used his BRS, but he liked having it, and said it was a simple installation.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 7
flydog
September 15, 2022, 12:19am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 50 days 41 minutes
Well that escalated quickly.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating