Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Beef up the Eros? Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Beef up the Eros?  This thread currently has 194 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
BruceGerman
April 16, 2022, 11:55pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 14 hours 36 minutes
Has anyone ever beefed up, strengthened, stretched, etc. a 1650 Eros to use the VW engine and be roomy enough for 6’ +, 200lbs +pilot?

I love the looks of Eros it’s just too small for a hamburger eating kinda person.

That would be a whole nuther airplane though wouldn’t it?  New length, new weight, new center of gravity?  Well it was a nice thought. I’m just not smart enough to do all that.  

Maybe what I want is the Supermax?  Just doesn’t look the same.

Anybody?
Logged Offline
Private Message
nitrobill
April 17, 2022, 4:12pm Report to Moderator
Wing Man
Time Online: 1 days 8 hours 17 minutes
I fly a Eros. I'm 6' 5" and 240. I moved to seat back 3" which makes it a little more straight up but no problem and I moved the rudder pedals forward as far as I could. At full deflection I just hit the firewall with my toes. I have no problem with the width of the cockpit. I also have the open cockpit so I don't have to worry about my head hitting the top. I fly the Rotax 503, plenty of power. Hope this helps.
Private Message Reply: 1 - 3
BruceGerman
April 22, 2022, 9:47pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 14 hours 36 minutes
Thanks nitrobill…that makes me feel like I should not abandon plans for a stock (with minor adjustments) Eros. Ok, mentally I may be back in the game of Eros.  I am trying to find one to sit in Atlanta area.  Two cycle is ok.  I have 7 years behind a 447 - we are all going to be electric soon anyway. Several electric cars running over 300 miles on a charge now.  Thanks for your feedback!  

Hva grt  summer!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 3
nitrobill
April 22, 2022, 11:04pm Report to Moderator
Wing Man
Time Online: 1 days 8 hours 17 minutes
I'm just in Alabama if you want to drive over. I've flown mine for 5 years and love it. Go to flying stories and look up "still looking for the Ace" and you will see pics of it. I flew behind 447 for almost 20 years in a Airbike.
Private Message Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment