Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Mini-Max 1600r Cockpit Size Question Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Mini-Max 1600r Cockpit Size Question   This thread currently has 264 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
andrew81401
January 11, 2022, 6:05am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 6 hours 43 minutes
Was wondering if anyone could give me some insight regarding the cockpit β€œfit” for a 6’2” large framed (& fat πŸ™‚) pilot? Thank You!
Logged Offline
Private Message
PUFF
January 11, 2022, 12:16pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 34 days 6 hours 18 minutes
Best bet would be to find a local gent with one and see if you can physically fit the cockpit.
Prior to that, look up a weight and balance sheet for the aircraft you are interested in, and do the calculations to determine if the aircraft can carry you.

I was 210 and 6'0 and my Hi Max would only carry me within constraints of Normal Category, not Utility Category. Difficult folding my legs to my chest to get in as well, but I did it.
A minimax will be easier to get in and out of. Cockpit width can be a question as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 4
nitrobill
January 11, 2022, 3:01pm Report to Moderator
Wing Man
Time Online: 1 days 8 hours 17 minutes
Hi. I have a Eros which is the same size as the 1600. I'm 6'5" and 240. I had to move the rudder pedals forward to where my toes just touch the firewall when pushed forward and I move the seat back where it a little more straight up and its fine for me. I'm not fat so I have good room on the sides and plenty for the stick. The Eros has a Rotax 503 and is beefed up on the wings and front of the fuse so there is no problem carrying my weight. Hope that helps.
Private Message Reply: 2 - 4
andrew81401
January 16, 2022, 8:24pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 6 hours 43 minutes
Thank You for the replies! Ends up I am going to pick up a HiMax project that has the front end of the Eros so I can use a larger engine. At least that will be my first build. My flight instruction is going to be in an Aeronca Champ, so it is probably good that I am starting in the HiMax.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 4
PUFF
January 17, 2022, 12:22pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 34 days 6 hours 18 minutes
Cool. same way I went too. Except I had the 447 up front. Aeronca is pretty good, you'll like it once you learn to dance.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment