Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  AEROCARB ACV-C03 for sale. Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

AEROCARB ACV-C03 for sale.  This thread currently has 212 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
joe.scalet
September 3, 2021, 7:52pm Report to Moderator

Flight Leader
Time Online: 2 days 1 hours 58 minutes
I am selling an AEROCARB ACV-C03 for a friend. He purchased from another friend who was going to install it on a J2 Kitten and discovered it was too large for the 1/2 VW he wanted to use. The second owner has found out it is too small for the Corvair conversion he has on his Pietenpol. According to the owners manual this carb is rated for 1900 to 2180 VWs, Cont 65,85, and 90 hp, Jabiru 2200, or engines in the above HP range. It is complete as far as I know and has the optional mounting flange and a set of nos.1, 2, and 3 needles. He is asking $300 plus shipping. If anyone outside of the U.S. and territories wants it they will have to tell me how to ship it. I have an image of the AEROCARB but not enough space to attach it. I will send the image direct upon request.

Joe Team Airbike and Monnett Monerai
Logged Offline
Private Message
joe.scalet
September 8, 2021, 8:13pm Report to Moderator

Flight Leader
If interested, make an offer!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 3
BlueMax
September 13, 2021, 7:06pm Report to Moderator

1550 Vmax w/ Eros canopy mod
Ace
Time Online: 35 days 15 hours 47 minutes
Joe Scalet, do you have any experience using the aerocarb on a hand propped engine? how well does it work as far as starting without flooding everything out?

Chris

Remember, in aviation death sentences are administered by the laws of physics, not the FAA.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 3
joe.scalet
September 14, 2021, 1:13am Report to Moderator

Flight Leader
Chris:
I know it works on hand-propped engines as the 65 Continental does not have a starter. The AeroCarb is designed to be an updraft carburetor (as are almost all aircraft carbs.) so fuel doesn't pool in the manifold. From what I understand they are fussy to set up but work well once set up, This one has all three needle jets included. This was on a Corvair powered Pientenpol. It started easily idled well, but could not achieve rated RPM as it wasn't big enough. They are sized by the maximum horsepower of the engine, not the displacement. Send me your email address and I will send you some images.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment