Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  HiMax landing gear Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

HiMax landing gear  This thread currently has 212 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
z28ltr
April 3, 2021, 6:00pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 6 hours 25 minutes
Hello all,
Was just looking for your recommendations and experiences with alternate landing gear for my HiMax other than the stock trip-hazard axle.
I'm leaning toward the Cured Composite's fiberglass, but I'd also consider aluminum or even a bungee steel gear.
Mostly leaning towards the fiberglass, but only because it's the only damn source I can find!
Team responded to my email inquiry with "You need our spring aluminum gear." I guess I have to call them by phone to order as I see no aluminum option in their catalog.
I'd like to shop around a little first. Thanks much for any replies, Ben  
P.s. forgive me if this has already been addressed. I have a hard time with the search engine.    
Logged Offline
Private Message
TreeTopsTom
April 3, 2021, 10:59pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 26 days 13 hours 37 minutes
George from Cured Composites has contributed a LOT to this forum & is VERY familiar with the Max designed airplanes & Aviation in general. With his gear you get lighter than aluminum, probably stronger & better spring reaction. While I assume the price is going to be more, It will likely be well worth it. I guess the real question will be what people/person you want to do business with & what the (lead times) are to actually get the thing in your hands. Phone calls to George & Dave will likely answer the question of who you go with.
If it were me I would just put my order in with George. You said you were leaning that way....Go ahead & Jump! LOL.  PS: I never had either gear so I guess I really am not helping you in this matter.   TTT
Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
z28ltr
April 4, 2021, 9:20pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 6 hours 25 minutes
Thanks TreeTop. Yeah, I'm thinking I'd better just get to ordering!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment