Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  drywall lift for himax wings Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

drywall lift for himax wings  This thread currently has 287 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
z28ltr
March 27, 2021, 1:05pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 6 hours 25 minutes
Has anyone ever tried a drywall lift for attaching/detaching himax wings?
Seems to me like a viable solution to one-person wing rigging. angle is adjustable as well as height. And on castors as well.
Sure, one person would have to make a few steps back and forth to get the spar pins lined up but far more easy to adjust as needed than a sawhorse.
Pretty cheap @ Harbor Freight      
Logged Offline
Private Message
kfb
March 27, 2021, 7:25pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 5 days 13 hours 10 minutes
there is an example of this on line somewhere, dig around and you will find it, guy who did it was happy with his arrangement, I thought the part that would prove problematic would be the castor wheels on grass, that is a lot different than on cement.  Persist in your internet searches and you will find it.  Another man even went to the length of a video of his arrangement, used pvc and lumber and put it all on wheels, you probably can find that one on Youtube, they may even both be on this site if you did around
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 4
z28ltr
March 28, 2021, 2:24pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Thanks kfb, I did indeed find the videos you recommended. And you're right, castors are next to useless on grass.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 4
PUFF
April 5, 2021, 11:55am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 34 days 6 hours 18 minutes
could change the casters for those massive castors with pneumatic tires....
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 4
z28ltr
April 8, 2021, 2:03pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Hiya Puff, Yeah that could be done. Pretty easily too actually. After your reply, I got to surfing the net and found some pneumatic castors that would be easy to modify. Thank you.    
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment