Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  himax teleflex Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

himax teleflex  This thread currently has 498 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
textailwinds
January 10, 2021, 3:13pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 1 days 3 hours 17 minutes
Can someone private message me a part number or information I need to order himax TELEFLEX CABLES. I need to use my PayPal account for my purchases? I need all the cables for the ailerons and elevator! Thank You in advance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Bob Hoskins
January 10, 2021, 8:18pm Report to Moderator

Fly Safe
Ace
Time Online: 38 days 16 hours 39 minutes
Hi
Have you tried David Cooper?
Bob

Fly safe and have fun.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 15
textailwinds
January 10, 2021, 9:15pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
If that is the Team Guy......He doesn't take PayPal or credit cards.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 15
PUFF
January 11, 2021, 12:56pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 34 days 6 hours 18 minutes
well, how do you order anything? Send a Check?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 15
textailwinds
January 11, 2021, 3:05pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
I don't have checks! I have to go to the bank and get a special check every time I have to mail one. I have been waiting three weeks for bushings. USPS is terrible!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 15
textailwinds
January 11, 2021, 5:12pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
In all fairness to Team MiniMax and Who I now know is David Cooper as someone noted earlier! He spent a lot of money mailing me my items 2 DAY priority mail........It took the USPS 6 days to deliver my items. Three times as long as he payed for. The problem is not Team for me. It is the time it takes to get checks and items back and forth through the mail. I would be more than happy to pay an up charge to avoid dealing with the postal service. The pony Express was able to deliver mail across the country in 6 days a hundred and twenty years ago!........Thank you Team for your effort! I got exactly what I ordered.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 15
Tom
January 12, 2021, 1:06pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 16 days 10 hours 21 minutes
Umm.  David has always taken my card.

Tom
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 15
textailwinds
January 12, 2021, 1:33pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
As I am a Christian......I love you Tom!    I am sure by your post that you do not trust my integrity. Dave is welcome to reveal any issues with me that you would like to ask him.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 15
flydog
January 12, 2021, 2:04pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 50 days 41 minutes
I've got there new motto.
USPS, when you don't care how long it takes
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 15
aeronut
January 12, 2021, 10:52pm Report to Moderator

blue sky and tail winds to everyone
Ace
Time Online: 28 days 22 hours 31 minutes
Two years ago when I bought fabric from David he wanted to not do business with a credit card and he explained that he  had been burned doing business that way. I sent him a check and all was fine. He bent over backwards getting the correct fabric fabric to me in a timely fashion.So I do not think he was singling out Textailwinds in way shape or form. It is not a pretty world that we live in today. David is keeping the light burning at TEAM will get all the support I can give him.

never surrender; never give-up
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 15
ITman496
January 13, 2021, 6:39am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 1 days 23 hours 31 minutes
I bought fuel tanks a few months ago from the team site and was able to give a card..  Maybe at the start of summer 2020?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 15
PUFF
January 13, 2021, 12:18pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 34 days 6 hours 18 minutes
Prepaid should cards work as well......  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 15
Tom
January 13, 2021, 12:51pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 16 days 10 hours 21 minutes
I don't think if we point out that David has accepted our cards it suggests we are disparaging anyone who has had different experience.  However I certainly apologize if that is the impression textailwinds got.  I do understand that it is easy to read an emotional content into a written message that wasn't intended.

It looks like we've established that sometimes David accepts cards and sometimes he doesn't.

Tom
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 15
Fenix
January 14, 2021, 3:26am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 9 hours 40 minutes
Devoid of emotions I will add that in December 2020 I ordered plans electronically so I could easily receive them out of country (as I currently am).  He informed me he did not accept credit cards and I would have to send a check.  So I had a friend in the US mail him a check on my behalf (because to send him one via DHL or FedEx would have been about $45 in postage) and then got what I ordered.

If others have successfully paid with credit card then yes, it seems sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't.
I too am glad that he continues to support the minimax line, in whatever terms he selects.
From a marketing perspective he is undoubtedly losing revenue by not taking credit cards/paypal.  That may not be important.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 15
TreeTopsTom
January 29, 2021, 8:07am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 26 days 13 hours 37 minutes
You could also (source) your teleflex (tm) cables from some other manufacturer. (highly recommended).
CableCraft has some very WELL BUILT cables. Not to mention this cable as a surface operation control has been the subject of quite a good amount of discussion (for various reasons). Some (not a lot) have had issues with them breaking at the ends where they are crimped. This was found to be serious enough a problem that TEAM came up with a SB (service bulletin). Worm clamping small sections of plastic tube to the area in question. I'm NOT impressed with THAT as an answer to address such a problem. MY answer was to seek out a better quality cable. But Oh my GOD! It might weigh .1 oz. more than the supplied cable! And I need TWO of them and that's .2 oz of weight! So if your one of the guys that's never driven over the posted speed limit on the highway, Then you also are probably not going to find it acceptable to build your bird to weigh over the RIDICULOUSLY arrived at low weight of #254. So that .2 oz. will likely not be acceptable to you.
Others, have addressed their dislike of teleflex as an actuator of a major control surface by designing solid push rod & bell crank systems. (you can find some great designs here on this site if you search.
Easiest option is probably to just start with a higher quality cable. JMHO                  TTT  
Private Message Reply: 14 - 15
textailwinds
February 1, 2021, 10:28pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Without knowing measurements. I just went and ordered them from Team. It is a good thing though! Had I ordered 1/4" aileron cables. I would have had to make different mounting hardware.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 15 - 15
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment