Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Belite Kitfox Lite or Badland Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Belite Kitfox Lite or Badland   This thread currently has 188 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
JGlassFNP
August 8, 2020, 3:59am Report to Moderator

Wing Man
Time Online: 8 hours 12 minutes
I sold my VMax, I was wondering if anyone has had a Kitfox lite, or the variant it became called the Belite or the ever newer version called Badland UL.  I am interested in this type and true 103 legal. I seen a orange and white one on YouTube for sale but the guy never got back to me and it looks like the video was posted about a year ago now... if you know of any for sale pass the information to me and thank you much. James Glass (also, if anyone has had one of these, is there any issues I would want to know, just by appearance and design I question the strength of the landing gear) I wonder if this ever has had any problems. Thank you, James
Logged Offline
Private Message
radfordc
August 8, 2020, 4:49pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 18 days 1 hours
I'm sure those planes will fly OK as long as they are adequately powered.  The guy in the next hangar had a Belite with the small Hirth engine/redrive.  That plane stalled and crashed twice due to lack of climb performance.  The first time the pilot wasn't injured.  The second time he was seriously hurt.  Here is the report on the first incident:  https://jameswiebe.wordpress.com/2014/03/03/crashing-a-belite-airplane/

The plane was rebuilt and continued to be flown by the owner.  One day he actually had to fly under a power line located a half mile from the airport because he couldn't climb over it.  The second accident was the result of a low altitude stall, incipient spin, and collision with a tree.  Pilot ended up in the ER.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
Walkabout
August 8, 2020, 7:05pm Report to Moderator

Steve, AB-137
Ace
Time Online: 42 days 21 hours 24 minutes
pm sent

Envy the country that has heroes, pity the country that needs them...

http://www.jordanlakeaero.com
Site Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment