Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    Off Topic  ›  Hope to use epic max wings amphibious
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

Hope to use epic max wings amphibious   This thread currently has 114 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Stilson
July 31, 2020, 4:26am Report to Moderator
Flight Leader
Time Online: 1 days 5 hours 36 minutes
Off topic, but hopefully acceptable as it is a wood construction and i was inspired to begin it after gaining confidence from finishing my max.  I got the old shed cleaned out and fixed up enough to move in the project.  The splines forward of the front frame are now clamped in to make templates for the okume ply skin (stitch and glue style forward section)

Attachment: img_4399_6075.jpg
Size: 136.65 KB

Attachment: img_4398_9571.jpg
Size: 109.30 KB

Private Message
Stilson
August 8, 2020, 1:16am Report to Moderator
Flight Leader
Time Online: 1 days 5 hours 36 minutes
Sheathing began, thickness varies depending on the load.  First cutting the panels to shape, then while they lay flat fiberglassing the inside and trimming it with a "pizza cutter" style trimming wheel, then while still wet bonding it to the formers. After all panels are boneded in the out side will be draped in one piece of fiberglass cloth to bond the outside into a monolithic "sandwich structure" hull heavily inspired by the shavrov sh-2. But utilizing modern advancements in materials and aiming point blankly at light sport plane qualification.

Attachment: img_4466_3703.jpg
Size: 75.70 KB

Private Message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    Off Topic  ›  Hope to use epic max wings amphibious

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment