Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Harold (Skip) Little's Max Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Harold (Skip) Little's Max  This thread currently has 763 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Greg Doe
June 22, 2020, 11:18pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 40 days 14 hours 20 minutes
Harold (Skip) Little's airplane
Details to follow

Attachment: skips_1_3831.jpg
Size: 419.14 KB

Attachment: skips_2_9663.jpg
Size: 73.71 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message
Greg Doe
June 23, 2020, 6:26pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Wayne Ison never stopped designing small airplanes, but this is his last design that was built, so it is a "one of a kind".
As the thread title implies, this airplane belongs to Harold (Skip) Little who asked me to list it here on ETLB.
Because of the situation the world is in today it is questionable about whether now is a good time to try to sell an ultralight/light-sport airplane?
Everyone can see that this airplane is related to the other TEAM aircraft, but I will try to give details on a few areas where it differs.
Wayne had a couple of objectives in mind when he designed this Max version. One was to have an airplane that was quicker to build,
and number two was to have an airplane that was cheaper to build. The wing ribs, and some of the fuselage bulkheads, are foam. The wings,
and fuselage are fully sheeted. Notice that the wing location is lower on the fuselage then a traditional Max, making it more of a mid-wing.
It has a Hearth 33 engine with a belt re-drive, and a Tennessee 60/26 propeller. Originally it was built as a tricycle gear, but converted to a tail wheel.
Other then having been in storage for a dozen years, it is just about ready to fly, except that the tail wheel cables have to be hooked up.
So to the questions everyone it asking. How much are you asking, and where is it located? The first question is difficult, because the airplane has
never flown, and Skip prefers to sell it as a "project". Even if you are not interested in buying, feel free to suggest a reasonable price. Secondly it is
located in Watertown, TN. More pictures are available, but don't ask me to post them here. I had to get IT support (my granddaughter) to post these.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 17
Cy V
June 24, 2020, 1:04pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 14 days 16 hours 49 minutes
Is that the prototype for the "Nison Easy?"

Bad spellers of the world untie!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 17
PUFF
June 25, 2020, 11:29am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 34 days 6 hours 18 minutes
Wonder why Skip didn't fly it?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 17
Greg Doe
June 26, 2020, 3:15am Report to Moderator
Ace
Cy V, and Puff,I am confused by the reference "Nison Easy"? I need more information. It's possible that that was one of
many names that were tossed around. I will ask Skip if he remembers the name.
In answer to the second question, I think the timing played a part. In recent years Skip was having vision difficulties,
and had quit flying.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 17
PUFF
June 26, 2020, 11:48am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 34 days 6 hours 18 minutes
he sold the one he flew a while back right?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 17
BlueMax
June 26, 2020, 1:15pm Report to Moderator

1550 Vmax w/ Eros canopy mod
Ace
Time Online: 35 days 15 hours 47 minutes
Greg, I sent you a pm

Chris

Remember, in aviation death sentences are administered by the laws of physics, not the FAA.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 17
Cy V
June 26, 2020, 1:22pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Greg,

It's been a while and I can't find any more info on it on the internet, but the Nison Easy was the name Team Mini-Max gave to a new design they were working on at one point. I could be wrong, but I think the design you posted is the Nison Easy.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 17
Cy V
June 26, 2020, 1:22pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Also, the name "Nison Easy" was a play on the name Ison plus "Nice and Easy."

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 17
Cy V
June 26, 2020, 1:27pm Report to Moderator

Ace
I just did a search for the "Nison Easy" on this site and found some forum posts that are about 15 years old that reference it...so it's been a while.

Here's a thread on the "Nison Easy" that shows a pic...

http://www.lonesomebuzzards.com/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1259935342/s-2/highlight-nison+easy/#num2

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 17
Greg Doe
June 26, 2020, 6:42pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Chris, I sent you an email, Bob, I sent you a PM.
Thanks for the background on this model.
I'll talk to Skip, and possible Larry Israel, to see what they remember?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 17
Greg Doe
June 27, 2020, 7:50pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Today I spoke with Harold Little, and Larry Israel, and learned some additional information on this Max design. It WAS called a Nison Easy,
and there were two different air-frames. The one in the picture from the ETLB thread from 11 years ago was #1. It didn't last very long.
Larry was flying it when he got into some wake turbulence right after takeoff. He had a hard landing, and destroyed the airplane. The
airplane that we are trying to sell here is #2, and it has never been flown. Larry told me that he thinks that this #2 airplane has the same
Hearth engine that was on the #1 airplane. Thanks to everyone who contributed educating all of us to this model of the Max family.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 17
Greg Doe
June 27, 2020, 8:01pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Bob, I sent you a PM. Greg
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 12 - 17
Greg Doe
July 2, 2020, 10:25pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Sale pending.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 13 - 17
Greg Doe
August 6, 2020, 5:38am Report to Moderator
Ace
Sold, and delivered.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 14 - 17
Cy V
August 6, 2020, 1:29pm Report to Moderator

Ace
I'm very interested in hearing how the first flight goes.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 15 - 17
Greg Doe
November 4, 2020, 12:29am Report to Moderator
Ace
Cy, If you look in the "General Discussions" segment on this forum, there is a thread on the Nison Easy. For a couple weeks after Chris Duncan
took possession of the airplane he posted pictures, and updates. He posts here as "Blue Max". Then it got very quiet, and he stopped posting.
I've tried unsuccessfully to contact him. I know he had some legitimate concerns about the airworthiness of the airplane, but he was formulating
a plan to correct them. I worry that something could have happened to him, such as an accident, or work change, or even Covid? Maybe he, or
someone who knows him will see this, and let s know if he's OK?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 16 - 17
BlueMax
November 4, 2020, 4:03am Report to Moderator

1550 Vmax w/ Eros canopy mod
Ace
Time Online: 35 days 15 hours 47 minutes
Hi Greg,
I'm still here! Ive been busy working on some things on the Vmax and helping my friend Tim with his 1100 (see my thread on its maiden). The Nison Easy is safely tucked away under my pietenpol's wing, awaiting warm spring weather.

Chris

Remember, in aviation death sentences are administered by the laws of physics, not the FAA.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 17 - 17
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment