Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Bending Spar Cap Plywood Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Bending Spar Cap Plywood  This thread currently has 216 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
roswellplastic
June 16, 2020, 11:53am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 8 hours 52 minutes
Any place I can go to get procedure for bending spar cap plywood .
What I am really interested in is how to heat the plywood. At the cost of the material
I want to do it right the first time.
Thank you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Stilson
June 17, 2020, 2:17am Report to Moderator
Flight Leader
Time Online: 1 days 5 hours 36 minutes
I assume you are referring to bending the plywood for the "d cell" leading edge of the wing, and not spar caps, the difference in nomenclature should really help find results in your search. There are a few build logs on this site that detail it quite well, as well as a few different opinions.  Personally I fill my bath tub with pure hot water and let them soak for a bit then clamp them in place (without glue) and let it dry it place to get it take an initial set, if any spots are a bit stubborn I have a clothes iron heated up and ready and hit it with steam option, and work fast. Once it's clamped in place ignore it for a few days to make to make sure it's fully dry before taking it back off, varnish non glue areas, then glue it on.  Practice with a few samples pieces.
Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
roswellplastic
June 17, 2020, 12:23pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 8 hours 52 minutes
Thank you for the information.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread