Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  277 engine part Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

277 engine part  This thread currently has 227 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Bob Daly
June 9, 2020, 11:04pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 45 days 22 hours 25 minutes
Can anyone tell me the part number or dimensions of the circled part?

Attachment: housing_7335.jpg
Size: 38.76 KB

Private Message
Greg Doe
June 10, 2020, 3:50am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 40 days 14 hours 20 minutes
Part #910 340 Adaptor ring. That is their spelling in the Lockwood catalog. It is usually spelled "adapter" I can't give you any dimensions tonight. Maybe tomorrow?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 5
Bob Daly
June 10, 2020, 3:39pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Thanks Greg.  I can't find this part anywhere so I'm planning on making some spacers and need to know how long they should be. And the bolts I believe are M6x70.
Private Message Reply: 2 - 5
Greg Doe
June 11, 2020, 8:28pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 40 days 14 hours 20 minutes
Bob, The adapter ring is approximately 2" thick, and 8" in diameter. If you need more exact measurements let me know, and I'll try to get you better numbers then "approximately". I would suggest you look for a used one. You might check with Steve Beatty at Air Screw Performance. There should be a lot of "derelict", and worn out 277 out there.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 5
Bob Daly
June 12, 2020, 3:24pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Thanks again, Greg.  I bought some spacers that seem to work, they're 1" long so I used 2 with a M6x75 bolt.  Once I get the engine running well, I'll mount it on the plane and prop start it.  I wanted to use the recoil starter on the test stand.  The starter engages the starting pulley mounted on the flywheel with the 2" spacers in place and I imagine the distance isn't critical so long as the rope doesn't come off the sheave.
Private Message Reply: 4 - 5
BlueMax
June 21, 2020, 1:42pm Report to Moderator

1550 Vmax w/ Eros canopy mod
Ace
Time Online: 35 days 15 hours 47 minutes
Bob,

Call Jbird up in wisconsin, he has a few of these laying around for a reasonable price. I got 1 from him last year.

Chris

Remember, in aviation death sentences are administered by the laws of physics, not the FAA.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment