Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Zenoah G50 CDI Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Zenoah G50 CDI  This thread currently has 311 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
wirsig
May 9, 2020, 1:37am Report to Moderator

Fledgling Member
Time Online: 19 hours 59 minutes
I’m looking for a wiring diagram for the CDI on a Zenoah G50. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Logged Offline
Private Message
TreeTopsTom
May 10, 2020, 2:37am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 26 days 13 hours 37 minutes
I'm certain Tennessee Propeller could help you out with that. They still sell (some) parts & are real accommodating to folks that call in for help.
OPPS!!!!  Just  checked their site & it seems they are closed as of 12-29-2019.
That's sad to hear. But it does sound like they (might) be planning a re-opening. Seems a little early to have been a closing due to Kungflu though. Retirement? Selling? Don't know.  

I don't know if I still have the owners manual that came with the engine or not but if I do I can see if there are any details about CDI wiring. IIRC there was information about Ohms values... to determine if it's good or bad. Not sure just what details of the wiring you are looking for.
Private Message Reply: 1 - 7
Greg Doe
May 10, 2020, 3:56am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 40 days 14 hours 20 minutes
Tennessee Propeller's closing has nothing to do with the Corona virus. Steve Breece told me last year the business was for sale. I don't know if someone bought it, or he just shut it down? My suggestion would to check with Steve Beatty at Air Screw Performance. He has a CDI for the Rotax engines, but I don't know if he has something for the Zenoah. Good luck.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 7
wirsig
May 10, 2020, 1:18pm Report to Moderator

Fledgling Member
[url] https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nOxaigGmKBklWrC0ODcSZd9vEzG53UGN/view?usp=drivesdk[/url]
Thanks guys, I'll try Tennessee’s number next week. If anyone else has a Zenoah, The attached pic shows what I'm after. I've got the left 3 wires hooked Up, the 3 remaining on the right are what I need help with. A black and a brown in a sheath and a brown by itself. This is a rebuild of a basket case Airbike so I didn't have any reference to what these should be connected to.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 7
wirsig
May 15, 2020, 3:51pm Report to Moderator

Fledgling Member
I tried calling TN Propellers but the number's out of service. I've also posted the same question over on the EAA forum. Again, if anyone has a G-50 and knows what the 3 wires on the right coming out of the ignition box hook to I'd really appreciate the help.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 7
PUFF
May 19, 2020, 11:24am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 34 days 6 hours 18 minutes
you try searching the forum? this may have already been discussed. There used to be videos of a Zenoah Hi-max on the forum back in the day, so someone here may still have one.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 7
ScottLuckman
May 26, 2020, 10:05pm Report to Moderator
Wing Man
Time Online: 21 days 15 hours 15 minutes
This should help! Last paragraph on Pg.29 explains it in a round about way! LOL It's the kill switch wires, when open the engine runs,when closed(connected) the engine does not. Page 28 gives the values for the coils on the coil plate of the engine. Let me know if you have any other questions, I live in the ATLanta area and am an Avionics Tech at Delta Airlines and also A&P.

Attachment: g50_manual_p28sm_2349.jpg
Size: 96.86 KB

Attachment: g50_manual_p29sm_7255.jpg
Size: 97.42 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 7
wirsig
May 27, 2020, 3:35pm Report to Moderator

Fledgling Member
Exactly what I needed, thank you Scott!
Logged Offline