Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Posa Fuel Carb. Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

Posa Fuel Carb.  This thread currently has 162 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
KGrenier
March 10, 2020, 9:06pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 1 days 12 hours 22 minutes
Hello,
I was looking around for some VW parts the other day. I found this Posa Fuel Carb. I was told that it came off a 1500 VW single port engine. Has anyone ever seen one of these. Any information on it would be great.

Thanks
Ken

Attachment: posa_6787.jpg
Size: 31.59 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message
BlueMax
March 11, 2020, 1:04pm Report to Moderator

1550 Vmax w/ Eros canopy mod
Ace
Time Online: 35 days 15 hours 47 minutes
They are finicky but do work. for a more modern version look up the sonex aerocarb and aeroinjector. I had an aerocarb on the 2180 on my sonerai and while it worked I never got it quite right. Being a floatless design, they are sensitive to fuel pressure and constantly leak fuel when not running and tend to run rich at idle. Mine had mixture control and I found myself constantly adjusting the mixture with every power change and leaning for max rpm on takeoff like a model airplane. They are brilliantly simple in design though and realitively immune to ice in most conditions.

Chris

Remember, in aviation death sentences are administered by the laws of physics, not the FAA.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
KGrenier
March 11, 2020, 2:54pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 1 days 12 hours 22 minutes
Chris,
Thank you for the information. It is good to hear from someone that has first hand experience with the carb. I picked up a intake manifold that had the carb on it. It is simple, but I don't think that I will use it.

Thanks
Ken
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment