Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Drat! Im headless! Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Drat! Im headless!  This thread currently has 243 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
BlueMax
February 9, 2020, 4:00pm Report to Moderator

1550 Vmax w/ Eros canopy mod
Ace
Time Online: 35 days 15 hours 47 minutes
I was out at the aerodrome yesterday enjoying a peaceful afternoon of replacing intake gaskets and boots on my trusty warbird's VW engine. Work was almost complete when the drone of rotary engines filled the sky. I dove for cover under the wing as bullets whizzed by perforating the hangars and kicking up little clouds of dirt all around. After the swarm of huns had passed I surveyed the damage, at first glance it appeared neither the plane or I had been damaged so I continued with the days activities, all the while wondering how "Airbike Ace" could be allowing such a large Hun flying circus to exist in such proximity to our southern border.

I was attempting to install the last spark plug with thoughts of taking my plane on patrol to hunt down the rogue group of huns when I realized my warbird had suffered damage in the attack. A single bullet had scored a perfect hit, blasting a helicoil clean out of the head. Being the skilled mechanic I am, I had the head removed in 5 minutes and the cylinder cleared of debris. The head is now sitting on my bench awaiting a new helicoil and pending no further hun aggression will be reinstalled next weekend.

The above is my best recollection of the days events with minimal embellishment.

Attachment: 50_1230.jpg
Size: 496.45 KB

Remember, in aviation death sentences are administered by the laws of physics, not the FAA.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Avenger
February 9, 2020, 5:11pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 47 days 8 hours 2 minutes
Good work and sorry I am not there to help but someone had to train the Central American Hun hunters.  Still looking at the Starlite just in case we need to go somewhere quick and hunt them down

The light at the end of the tunnel has been sold to China, if you need the light at the end of the tunnel please send 100 Yen.
Logged Offline
Private Message YIM Reply: 1 - 3
fiebichpv
February 9, 2020, 5:18pm Report to Moderator

A/B Plans #112 has 1008 hours as of 02-09-2015
Ace
Time Online: 36 days 13 hours 14 minutes
That was a close call Ace, glad you found cover but unfortunate that your engine took a hit. I think that was a luck shot by one of the Huns. Hopefully you will get airborne again to protect your turf, those Huns strike at random times, fortunately never in the morning as they are still hung over from the previous night's partying. They usually don't become active until after noon because they are still too bleary eyed to even stagger to their war machines.

Keep on your toes protecting the southern front, I have been busy here having gone up to do battle three times in December and twice in January. I can't stray too far from my own territory because keeping the Huns at bay is like trying to push back a mud wall. Keep your engine tuned and the tanks full, you want to scramble on a moment's notice. Keep up the good work!

Airbike Ace
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 2 - 3
Avenger
February 27, 2020, 3:10pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 47 days 8 hours 2 minutes
I am looking at a Max like the one I had before except with a 503.  I know you guys need me back in the ranks of Hun Hunters.  Also looking at a Starlite as well.  It is a rocket ship

The light at the end of the tunnel has been sold to China, if you need the light at the end of the tunnel please send 100 Yen.
Logged Offline
Private Message YIM Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment