Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Tips for a new Vmax pilot? Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Tips for a new Vmax pilot?  This thread currently has 267 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
BlueMax
February 3, 2020, 6:54pm Report to Moderator

1550 Vmax w/ Eros canopy mod
Ace
Time Online: 35 days 15 hours 47 minutes
I am fast approaching the first flight date for my new to me Vmax, I have several hundred hours in 1100s but this will be my first flight in their bigger brother. The book tells me to expect everything to be about 15kts faster than the lightweight 1100 I used to own. 75mph cruise vs 60mph, 43mph stall vs 28mph. For the first trip around the patch im thinking liftoff at 50, climb at 55, cruise at whatever, and approach at 55-60. do those numbers sound logical?

Any Vmax owners out there who would care to share some wisdom?

Chris

Remember, in aviation death sentences are administered by the laws of physics, not the FAA.
Logged Offline
Private Message
radfordc
February 8, 2020, 2:55am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 18 days 1 hours
Your numbers sound good.  Don't focus on the ASI during takeoff....let the plane tell you when its ready to fly.  Once you're off and flying you can check the ASI to ensure you're climbing at the desired speed.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 3
Avenger
February 8, 2020, 6:24pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 47 days 8 hours 2 minutes
Quoted from radfordc
Your numbers sound good.  Don't focus on the ASI during takeoff....let the plane tell you when its ready to fly.  Once you're off and flying you can check the ASI to ensure you're climbing at the desired speed.

you flew my Max and this one will be the same...just not with all the wind in your face.

The light at the end of the tunnel has been sold to China, if you need the light at the end of the tunnel please send 100 Yen.
Logged Offline
Private Message YIM Reply: 2 - 3
Avenger
February 8, 2020, 6:25pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 47 days 8 hours 2 minutes
Quoted from BlueMax
I am fast approaching the first flight date for my new to me Vmax, I have several hundred hours in 1100s but this will be my first flight in their bigger brother. The book tells me to expect everything to be about 15kts faster than the lightweight 1100 I used to own. 75mph cruise vs 60mph, 43mph stall vs 28mph. For the first trip around the patch im thinking liftoff at 50, climb at 55, cruise at whatever, and approach at 55-60. do those numbers sound logical?

Any Vmax owners out there who would care to share some wisdom?

Chris

Whoops quoted the wrong message but still... Chris you flew mine course you were a lot younger then....lol...  will fly the same as mine did only with no wind up your nose

The light at the end of the tunnel has been sold to China, if you need the light at the end of the tunnel please send 100 Yen.
Logged Offline
Private Message YIM Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment