Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Fabric shrinking temperature for Maxes Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Fabric shrinking temperature for Maxes  This thread currently has 186 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
kfb
February 1, 2020, 11:51pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 5 days 13 hours 10 minutes
Hi
I am now at the point of shrinking the fabric on my two Mini Max wings.  So far I have gone to 300 degrees and was considering stopping without going any higher in temperature.  You do encounter this general counsel relative to shrinking fabric on lighter weight aircraft.  I thought I would ask what most of you out there in ETLB land have done or are doing in terms of final shrink temperatures.  Thanks for your comments
Kim Brown
New Hampshire
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mickvds
February 2, 2020, 1:27pm Report to Moderator

Wing Man
Time Online: 2 days 47 minutes
G'day Kim

I used Poly Fibre for my build and got nice results following the recommended temps. 250 first up then around the 300 to 350.

Are you happy with the fabric tightness after 300 deg iron?

Cheers, Mick
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
toliver66
February 3, 2020, 5:27am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 3 days 7 hours 3 minutes
Quoted from Mickvds
G'day Kim

I used Poly Fibre for my build and got nice results following the recommended temps. 250 first up then around the 300 to 350.

Same here except I didn't go past the rear spar at 300 or 350. The fabric is so tight is feels like a solid surface instead of stretched fabric. There is no sign of the fabric pulling the trailing edge lose or scalloping of the aileron trailing edge.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment