Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Airbike Builders Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Airbike Builders  This thread currently has 797 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
AlexW
January 27, 2020, 9:24pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 8 hours 41 minutes
Who's out there building an airbike?

Logged Offline
Private Message
13brv3
January 28, 2020, 11:50am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 6 hours 25 minutes
I'm in the process.  I purchased a one-off frame, and I'm tinkering with 1/2VW motors.  I'm just starting to research the wings.  Mostly I'm waiting for it to warm up
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 11
AlexW
January 29, 2020, 10:49pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Sounds like a plan, what model of airbike are you building? I have just started the tandem airbike myself, just 3d printing all of the welding jig components.
Cheers
Alex
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 11
13brv3
January 30, 2020, 2:38pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Mine will be single place.  The front portion of the fuselage is wider than normal so your feet are inside.  It's essentially an early Legal Eagle.  I'm hoping to be able to make the wings fold straight back, like the Kitfox.  
Rusty
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 11
sjmichael
February 10, 2020, 10:41am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 15 hours 57 minutes
I’m very slowly building a tandem in South Australia, built the ribs and now working on the wing building table. Where are you Alex?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 11
AlexW
February 11, 2020, 10:16pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
I am in central Vic Michael, haven't got much of the build done yet, but slowly ordering components. I think I will be starting with the fuselage first. Is anyone going with the folding wing option?
Cheers
Alex
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 11
13brv3
February 12, 2020, 2:40pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Mine are going to fold one way or another.  I'd love to be able to make them fold straight back like the Kitfox, but if that's not possible, there's always the folding option published by Jordan Lake.
Rusty
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 11
tbear2500
March 3, 2020, 10:35pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 48 minutes
I started building a Tandem a bit over a year ago, then stopped to focus more time on my career. Nothing ended up changing career-wise but I ended up having only a couple ribs after a year. I just got started up again, and I've got nearly half the ribs finished. Located in southern WI, USA.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 11
rlclendaniel
June 20, 2020, 3:31am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 41 minutes
Hello to all. My name is Rick and I am new to this forum. Just started to build the wings for my tandem. All ribs are completed as well as the spars. Trying to stay ahead of the project. Have as many of you been working on it in my spare time. As of November this year I retire so more time to work on it. Can anyone advise if Jordan Lake Aero is back up an running? I have tried to contact them with no luck. I am looking for someone to weld up a complete fuselage and tail section for me. My TIG skills are minimal at best. Contact me off line if you wish.

Respectfully
Rick Clendaniel
301-785-9248
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 11
AlexW
July 9, 2020, 10:50am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Hi Rick I have spoken with Jordan lake aero of late and they are still up and running. I think they are pretty tied up in other work they cannot always get to the phone, but with a little persistance they do definately respond. How is your build going so far?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 11
jmldennis
July 28, 2020, 2:21am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 15 minutes
Hi all, John Mark here.  I just ordered my airbike plans and hope to start soon!  This is my first airplane build and I plan building the tandem airbike from scratch.  I was curious what everyone is planning from an engine perspective, brand/HP. I've been tossing around 65hp from a rotax or a 1/2 VW.

I've spend some time talking with Steve Brown over at Jordan Lake Aero.  They appear to be up and running, but yeah they have full time jobs doing other things so evenings are best.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 11
Arthur Withy
July 28, 2020, 9:23am Report to Moderator

Happy 1500R owner - building a Jodel D18
Ace
Time Online: 32 days 12 hours 14 minutes
Hey that Bloke IN South Australia ..... you should Push ON...and get the job done.

IF you need some help HELL out Stuart...M.

..........you will love it on the those warm calm nights. Just see what airbike ace...(AKA.... Paul..F ) has done over the years...PS...No turbine powered aircraft..OK..LOL...ONE of the daily rides...for this  airbike builder...ie NOT me

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled-Aerotech-Australasia-Pty-Ltd/Air-Tractor-AT-802/2831183.

Im guessing yourve flown this one with work..... SjM...gotta hate this flying stuff..LOL

Cheers Arthur
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 11 - 11
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment