Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Airbike wing tanks fuel level Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Airbike wing tanks fuel level   This thread currently has 206 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Petter Strand
January 5, 2020, 7:10pm Report to Moderator

Fledgling Member
Time Online: 1 days 11 hours 4 minutes
Hi there. I am installing wing tanks on my Airbike. They have previously been installed, but was removed when I bought the airplane. They had a hose connected to the tank for fuel measurement. I was thinking of cutting a hole in the root rib to be able to se the fuel level directly in the tank, but I am unsure if it will work. Maybe it will be to dark, or maybe the level is hard to see through the plastic wall of the tank. Has anyone tried this?

The small picture shows where the hose for fuel level were, and the large picture shows the two triangles I am considering to cut out.

Petter

Attachment: tank_fuel_level_7273.gif
Size: 65.23 KB

Attachment: triangles_to_cut_out_3317.jpg
Size: 102.69 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message
joe.scalet
January 6, 2020, 2:44am Report to Moderator

Flight Leader
Time Online: 2 days 1 hours 58 minutes
My Airbike is a very early one (maybe the prototype). It did not have a wing tank but I added one. My root ribs were not covered. I can easily see the fuel level by looking at the tank however I can see the full length of the tank. I would recommend that you remove the fabric for the length of the tank so you can see the fuel in various attitudes.
Joe
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
Petter Strand
January 6, 2020, 6:08pm Report to Moderator

Fledgling Member
Time Online: 1 days 11 hours 4 minutes
Quoted from joe.scalet
My Airbike is a very early one (maybe the prototype). It did not have a wing tank but I added one. My root ribs were not covered. I can easily see the fuel level by looking at the tank however I can see the full length of the tank. I would recommend that you remove the fabric for the length of the tank so you can see the fuel in various attitudes.
Joe

Thanks for the advice, Joe. I might just do that.

Petter
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment