Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Has there been a Minimax with Bushwheels? Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Has there been a Minimax with Bushwheels?  This thread currently has 330 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
erkki67
November 19, 2019, 8:00pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 55 days 21 hours 4 minutes
The Minimax is a sturdy and simple Aircraft, but with the drawback of a stone hard landing gear.

Has there ever been a Minimax flying with tundra oder Bushwheels installed?
Logged Offline
Private Message
ulbuilder
November 21, 2019, 12:19pm Report to Moderator
N349LE
Ace
Time Online: 8 days 20 hours 59 minutes
For an easy to find and affordable "bush" tire you want the Carlisle Turf Glide Golf Cart Tire - 8.00-6. According to https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005O5WDOM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_q4N1Db33NGZ7W they weigh 8.7lbs each, are about 18" diameter and cost less than $50 each.

Other manufacturers also make 8.00-6 tires.

As far as I know if you want anything larger than these Turf Glide tires you will need larger diameter wheels.

I'm running a Carlisle 4-ply 15x6.00-6 ribbed tire and it seems to do a good job absorbing my novice landings on the grass runway.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
Willie T
November 22, 2019, 2:51am Report to Moderator

In aircraft building, it is imperative that you...
Ace
Time Online: 29 days 1 hours 6 minutes
Maybe the answer is going to floats, and relocating to living on a lake.  LOL

"True eloquence consists in saying all that is necessary, and only that which is."
François Duc de La Rochefoucauld
Bill Everett - (Willie T)
AirBike #3, St. Petersburg, FL
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Has there been a Minimax with Bushwheels?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment