Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  snow skis for a Max Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

snow skis for a Max  This thread currently has 152 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
kfb
November 15, 2019, 1:11am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 5 days 13 hours 10 minutes
Hi
Living in New Hampshire, it is certainly logical to give some consideration to snow skis for a Max.  Over the years I have found a few articles that elaborated on the design criteria for snow skis based on the plane's specifications and to some extent on snow conditions one would normally expect.  I can no longer find the articles that sounded the most credible, I can find articles on making them from wood with ski snow boards as the base, but the dimensional explanations I cannot find.  Right now there is a set of Challenger skis on Barnstormers for $200 but the skis measure ten inches by two feet which does seem small to me.  Coop at Team says 24 to 36 inches should work. I would like to hear from people who have either built their skis or gotten someone else's skis and what dimensions they used and their view of the success of such dimensions.  I haven't quite finished my CB-40 powered flat top Max but I am fairly confidant the weight will come in somewhere 300-350 pounds, certainly way out of the U/L parameter but still a light weight a/c, so skis can be slightly smaller than seen on the average conventional a/c.  There are one or two companies out there that make skis for u/l, exp, and conventional and a little dimensional insight can be gained by looking at their offerings.  Anyway, all thoughts from ETLB land are always appreciated.
Kim Brown
New Hampshire
Logged Offline
Private Message
PUFF
November 15, 2019, 12:23pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 34 days 6 hours 18 minutes
there's a Hi Max on Youtube with skis
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread