Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Engine Out Yesterday Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

Engine Out Yesterday  This thread currently has 1,817 views. Print
3 Pages « 1 2 3 Recommend Thread
aeronut
August 27, 2019, 11:52pm Report to Moderator

blue sky and tail winds to everyone
Ace
Time Online: 28 days 22 hours 31 minutes
Yup Greg I have had the same problem. With regard to the pulse tubing, if you live in snow country the local snowmobile vendor usually stocks the heavy wall tubing that goes from the engine to the pump. Might save a little shipping cost.

never surrender; never give-up
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 60 - 64
Dick Rake
August 28, 2019, 12:34am Report to Moderator

Home phone 602-999-3715/Mini-max with Hirth 2704
Ace
Time Online: 40 days 13 hours 26 minutes
I have the same problem when logging on to the site. I get the error message probable 25% of the time. It screws up my daily ETLB fix.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 61 - 64
TreeTopsTom
August 29, 2019, 5:28am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 26 days 13 hours 37 minutes
Add 1 more to the problems logging in (sometimes). Looks like it's everybody.

I hear what your saying about the primer bulb Keith. My thought is along with radfordc.
The plunger (Primer) should get the engine running enough for the pulse pump to top off the float bowl. What I really am trying to get across is... less connections & 1 less thing to be a possible issue. Or if you can get it started without it, your probably better off getting rid of it. I have read to many times about them failing. (Even brand new ones!). And I am sure (I) don't know how to determine if it's a good USA made bulb or some China junk one.  
These are just my thoughts...NOT "telling you" what you (should) do Or saying its better (for you) one way or the other.  Just rambling on about the
subject matter.                                             TTT
Private Message Reply: 62 - 64
PUFF
August 29, 2019, 11:39am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 34 days 6 hours 18 minutes
Yeah, I had some fail myself. Glad I wasn't flying when they did.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 63 - 64
Keith103
September 1, 2019, 9:50pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 13 days 6 hours 31 minutes
Quoted from TreeTopsTom
Add 1 more to the problems logging in (sometimes). Looks like it's everybody.

I hear what your saying about the primer bulb Keith. My thought is along with radfordc.
The plunger (Primer) should get the engine running enough for the pulse pump to top off the float bowl. What I really am trying to get across is... less connections & 1 less thing to be a possible issue. Or if you can get it started without it, your probably better off getting rid of it. I have read to many times about them failing. (Even brand new ones!). And I am sure (I) don't know how to determine if it's a good USA made bulb or some China junk one.  
These are just my thoughts...NOT "telling you" what you (should) do Or saying its better (for you) one way or the other.  Just rambling on about the
subject matter.                                             TTT

TTT, Thanks for the above assessment.
I would eventually like to move to a setup with a parallel circuit with Facet pump on it.  The facet pump can fill the bowl before start up,  the plunger primer will help make starting easier. And this will also provide redundancy to take care of any failure of pulse pump.
But right now I need to get W&B done. The wx is getting cooler and better. The best 2 months for flying and motor cycling are just getting underway. (I mean that for Colorado, your good wx period may vary. )
Private Message Reply: 64 - 64
3 Pages « 1 2 3 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment