Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  New Guy ... New Blended Design Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 5 Guests

New Guy ... New Blended Design  This thread currently has 189 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
BBB
July 20, 2019, 5:32am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 2 hours 17 minutes
Hi Folks,

You really do have to jump through a lot of hoops to join this group ... makes you feel kind of special when it all finally comes together. ;o)

There is a wealth of information on this site, and from you folks, regarding lightweight flying machines and what works and what doesn't.  Please don't hesitate to tell me when I'm sailing off into dangerous waters when I run things past you.

I am in the process of developing a blended design utilizing features of the AirBike Tandem, Legal Eagle, and bits of Team MiniMax.  The design is still in the early stages but a lot of details have been firmed up and a number of other features I'm still scratching my head over.  Think of this new bird as looking a lot like a Legal Eagle with the open tubular fuselage framework enclosing the pilot and close-quarter tandem passenger, rectangular shaped tubing structure over the cockpit area (Super Cub) tying the wings together rather than the A-Frame, folding wings & trailerable, tailfeathers similar to the AirBike but pushrod actuated elevators and ailerons, wing structure from the Tandem but not with the full span ailerons, and a Riblett Airfoil.  

Oh, yeah, I also want to incorporate as much Steam Punk Art as I can get away with (like a beer keg gas tank in the center section).  I'm thinking of calling this collection of flying hardware ... my "Bare Bottom Baby".    

Anyway, as time goes on, I hope I can pick your brains with specific questions about various aspects of your aircraft, and what you've found that works and what doesn't.

Thank you for your indulgence,
BBB
Logged Offline
Private Message
texasbuzzard
July 20, 2019, 9:54am Report to Moderator

airbike Buzzard
Ace
Time Online: 8 days 23 hours 51 minutes
I designed many aircraft when flying rc aircraft...some flew well some did not. Putting your butt in a unproven design can be fatal. I lost a very good friend when he designed an ac that did not fly...be careful.

Monte
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment