Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  bungee cables instead of springs for rudder pedals Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

bungee cables instead of springs for rudder pedals  This thread currently has 275 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
gyrojeffro
April 22, 2019, 1:24am Report to Moderator
Guest User
I bought two springs that I thought might work, after some head scratching I think they might be way too stiff. After some more head scratching I thought what about bungee cable, the only purpose of the springs is to keep the pedals from falling backwards. After A search on the old forum I managed to find one thread of someone using bungees he said he removed the metal hooks and looped the cord around the attachment points and clamped the cord to itself with safety wire. This sounds like a better method to me, you save a little weight and the tension is easily adjusted.
Petter Strand
April 22, 2019, 10:49am Report to Moderator

Fledgling Member
Time Online: 1 days 11 hours 4 minutes
Hi.

I couldn't find springs that fitted either, so I used bungee cords. They work just fine. I used the metal hooks, but shortened the bungee cord, to get sufficient tension. See picture.
Edit: I see now that you build a Hi-Max, so this might not work.

Petter

Attachment: rudder_pedals_8701.jpg
Size: 421.29 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 4
gyrojeffro
April 23, 2019, 12:59am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Thanks petter, it should still work, the spring on the minimax/himax just works in a different direction.
E-mail Reply: 2 - 4
radfordc
April 23, 2019, 1:12pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 18 days 1 hours
The spring serves no function other than keeping the pedals from falling back when you aren't in the plane.  They don't do anything once you are in the plane with you're feet on the pedals.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 4
fiebichpv
April 23, 2019, 5:34pm Report to Moderator

A/B Plans #112 has 1008 hours as of 02-09-2015
Ace
Time Online: 36 days 13 hours 14 minutes
Nice clean looking mod on the rudder pedals Petter, if you have long legs, you will find that to be much more comfortable than the stock location.

Paul Fiebich
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  bungee cables instead of springs for rudder pedals

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment