Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  The best video on latex paint Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

The best video on latex paint  This thread currently has 321 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
gyrojeffro
March 5, 2019, 3:47am Report to Moderator
Guest User
http://www.eaavideo.org/detail/videos/webinars/video/2735032127001/

You will have to click the link and click the play button. Here are my thoughts. Latex paint is cheap, flexible, and can look just as good as a "aircraft paint" I painted my pup with latex paint but I used a brush, I was in my 20's had very little money but had a hard on for getting airborne right now. Latex or the appropriate term acrylic paint can rival factory finishes, the secret is your paint job can be polished. Another secret is 3m fastbond is the same as ekobond but half the price.
Bob Daly
March 6, 2019, 1:59am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 45 days 22 hours 25 minutes
Sport Aviation article last month poo pooed (which is a polite way of saying shit on) latex paint.  They should rename the mag $port Aviation in my opinion.
Private Message Reply: 1 - 6
Greg Doe
March 6, 2019, 2:57am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 40 days 14 hours 20 minutes
Bob Daly, +1 to your comment about SA. I'm a little disillusioned with the whole EAA, but they do represent us, I guess!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 6
cdlwingnut
March 6, 2019, 3:34am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 3 days 22 hours 22 minutes
How is Sport Mag and the EAA supposed to keep selling their adds to poly fiber and other companies if they tell us how to do things cheaper? They don't wan't you to plans build anymore either buy the big expensive kit and snap it together or you will die.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 6
tomshep
March 6, 2019, 10:52am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 28 days 19 hours 43 minutes
Aviation never did want the little guy. The fact that there are aircraft twenty years old with latex paint shows it works. Over here, the LAA who are as conservative as druids have been happy to support its use. The cost of a simple repair on my poly fiber aircraft would have painted it in latex.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 6
ScottLuckman
March 11, 2019, 7:52am Report to Moderator
Wing Man
Time Online: 21 days 15 hours 15 minutes
What kills me with Sport Aviation Mag/EAA is some of their HIGH dollar advertisers, Like Daher's TBM Turboprop aircraft. Those planes cost over 4 Million, hardly within the budget of any true experimental/spot pilot. Sure those planes are eye candy, but it infuriates me that SA has gotten away from the true grass roots of experimental Aviation. I would cancel my membership, but I believe in the greater good that the EAA lobby has for GA/Sport pilots.
Scott
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 6
PUFF
March 11, 2019, 11:25am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 34 days 6 hours 18 minutes
I just wish the chapters would get more active in building...
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment