Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Tucking it up Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Tucking it up  This thread currently has 237 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
tomshep
December 10, 2018, 7:49pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 28 days 19 hours 43 minutes
Went up to the airfield yesterday. Wiped down the prop, taped on the bar towels that protect the blades, drained the tank, gascolator and float bowl and pumped the tyres up well. Taped big bags of silica gel over the exhaust and the carb air filter.
Had a little quiet sit in the cockpit. More hours this year than any of the others. A few scares, a few stunnning flights. Rolled the hangar curtain down and tied it off.
Thank you Oscar Romeo. See you when the weather improves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
texasbuzzard
December 11, 2018, 12:20am Report to Moderator

airbike Buzzard
Ace
Time Online: 8 days 23 hours 51 minutes
Tom i did the same procedure as you a few years back but went a step further by fogging the engine with oil for extra protection.

Monte
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 3
joe.scalet
December 11, 2018, 2:53am Report to Moderator

Flight Leader
Time Online: 2 days 1 hours 58 minutes
Sta-Bil 2201 Fogging treatment is the way to go. Walmart carries it in the US. Just remove the carbs (or open the throttle fully), spray in the cylinders while turning the engine through a few rotations.

Joe
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 3
tomshep
December 11, 2018, 10:51am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 28 days 19 hours 43 minutes
I did that last year but the dessicant bags do a good job so this year I didn't. I know I will not get to fly until mid January but if the weather is suitable, I shall go flying!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment