Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Hi everyone... guess i belong here now Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
lake_harley and 11 Guests

Hi everyone... guess i belong here now  This thread currently has 298 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
tdweide
December 3, 2018, 4:27am Report to Moderator

Fledgling Member
Time Online: 12 hours 44 minutes
Hello all! My name is travis. I just scored (or at least i think i scored) on a classic mini max kit. Project for my dad and to complete... this popped up a couple years ago for about $2500 and i couldn't make it happen.. but then didn't know anything about team mini-max. But have been wanting one ever since. And here it is again. Some 2 years later up for sale again but super reduced price! I had to make it happen! So I convinced my dad to go pick it up for me... the problem is now he doesn't want to give it up! Everything looks to be in fantastic shape considering the age and ware on the plans. But i figured i had better join some good online groups for support! And i think i found a good one! Any help and advice you guys have would be fantastic! But i just wanted to say hello to everyone! And share my score!

Attachment: 2018120295150848_1969.jpg
Size: 487.07 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message
Greg Doe
December 3, 2018, 4:53am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 40 days 14 hours 20 minutes
Good score Travis. Where are you located? It's possible that there might be help close by. Also it's possible that there will be a kit #, or date on some of your paperwork.
Another clue could be if the kit came from Tennessee, Indiana, or Michigan. Finally Dave Copper at the current TEAM Co. will support you with your build.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 8
tdweide
December 3, 2018, 5:08am Report to Moderator

Fledgling Member
Thanks greg! I live in Cloverdale California. I know there's a good group of guys here at this little airport that scratch design and build STOL planes so i gotta mosie my way in with some doughnuts. Right now the kit is with my dad in redding but should be on its way to me soon. His new grand daughter will see to that. But i plan to do a detailed inventory soon as it arrives and put together a list of things to complete. I will certainly look for any clues to help figure out an age/origin on it. Thanks for the tips!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 8
ITman496
December 3, 2018, 6:19am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 1 days 23 hours 31 minutes
Awesome news! I'm in a similar boat!  Look forward to seeing progress happen!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 8
nathan.bissonette
December 3, 2018, 4:30pm Report to Moderator

Flight Leader
Time Online: 1 days 9 hours 13 minutes
Congrats!  Welcome to the group.  I'm new, too, and have already gotten a ton of good advice just from reading the questions and answers posted by others.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 8
bigbrixx1
December 3, 2018, 6:35pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 20 days 16 hours
Welcome to the best and most supportive aviation site I have had the pleasure of belonging to. Your in the right place. And will have one heck of a fun plane when you are done! Please keep us updated on your progress. And don’t  hesitate to ask a question when your stumped.
Best
B-😃

V-max. Finished. Now in phase one flight
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 8
tdweide
December 3, 2018, 8:02pm Report to Moderator

Fledgling Member
Thank you everyone! Super appreciated! So excited! Have so many questions already! I will start a build log as soon as i get a feel for what i have. Awesome community! So glad to be a new part of it!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 8
texasbuzzard
December 4, 2018, 12:37am Report to Moderator

airbike Buzzard
Ace
Time Online: 8 days 23 hours 51 minutes
TD, lots of great builders here with great advice to help you. They have built some beautiful max’s That you will see here and give detailed responses to your questions.

Monte
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 8
theecoop
December 6, 2018, 1:34am Report to Moderator

Flying
Ace
Time Online: 19 days 5 hours 17 minutes
Welcome aboard Travis , If you need anything ,we will be happy to get you a quote.
David  Cooper

Perfect Practice makes perfect!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment