Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  1600 Build in WI Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

1600 Build in WI  This thread currently has 290 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
DavenportAndrew
September 24, 2018, 2:28am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 12 hours 7 minutes
Hey everyone, just thought I would post my latest build pics and update a thread here.  I have been slowly working on this for over a year, learning a lot the hard way.  I've spent more time learning woodworking and updating my shop than churning out Max bits.   Previous to this, I made a cutting error in the hinges that caused me to backtrack and lose motivation.  Now that other more pressing projects are out of the way I put in some time to refit my shop for the next steps and get back to work.

https://imgur.com/gallery/0NWPMuC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Ricardo
September 29, 2018, 12:29am Report to Moderator

Videos in UTube: ral1951
Ace
Time Online: 75 days 23 hours 15 minutes
DavenportAndrew, welcome aboard!
Nice shop you have there,  but you're going to need a much longer table for the fuselage and wings!
Are you using staples to fix the gluing?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 3
DavenportAndrew
October 6, 2018, 5:45am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 12 hours 7 minutes
Quoted from Ricardo
DavenportAndrew, welcome aboard!
Nice shop you have there,  but you're going to need a much longer table for the fuselage and wings!
Are you using staples to fix the gluing?

I bought two thick tops to make a 16' table, one side I will use for making the horizontal stab and then flip it over to use the unblemished side for the fuse and wings.  For now I just screwed them together on one table until I need to make room for the larger set up, hopefully I have enough work to get me though the winter.  I used standard t21 staples on these parts but I do not like how they performed and read that the t30 should work better and leave less damage.

I have nearly finished up the vertical stabilizer and rudder.  I spent somewhere in the range of 40 hours over many many months screwing up and reworking these parts, but now I feel like I have learned quite a lot and I have been able to churn out the remaining parts very quickly.  I have messed up a lot of expensive spruce but I wouldn't trade it back.  On to the horizontal stabilizer and elevator, then either the fuselage or ribs, depending on mood.

Progress as of last week:
http://imgur.com/gallery/xLF7dLi
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 3
RedBird
October 6, 2018, 2:23pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 15 days 15 hours 4 minutes
I feel your pain ... I am working on my empennage now as well. Stabilizers pretty straight-forward, but rudder and elevator require slow, methodical patience for me. Its all doable. We'll get there .

Why focus on proving how great you are, when you could focus on becoming better?...
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment