Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Paging Greg Doe...... Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Paging Greg Doe......  This thread currently has 355 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
PUFF
September 17, 2018, 12:31pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 34 days 6 hours 18 minutes
I left a box at the Shelbyville Airport with some 503 parts in it if anyone is interested. No bottom end.
Also a half VW set of heads nearly complete and a prop hub.
Free. Box is marked for EAA.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Greg Doe
September 17, 2018, 8:55pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 40 days 14 hours 20 minutes
Puff, I don't pay regular attention to PM's so I discovered I had two that I had over looked. I'm assuming that that is what you are calling to my attention? If the weather cooperates, I'm going to try to make the Lebanon fly in breakfast Sept. 29. If you see my Max there, please hunt me up, so we can meet. Greg
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 10
PUFF
September 18, 2018, 11:56am Report to Moderator

Ace
I won't make the Lebanon Meet, but  should be at the Shelbyville breakfast this weekend.
I was just calling your attention to the parts I left at the shelbyville airport, however I would like to see your bird.
I've got a minimax that I may start flying soon, once I do a proper weight and balance and a few crow hops.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 10
Greg Doe
September 18, 2018, 11:48pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Puff, If the weather doesn't cooperate Saturday, I'll drive to Shelbyville. I'll also make the MTUG meeting this Thursday at the Lebanon airport; 8:00pm in Bill Sattler's hanger. Thanks for the heads up on the engine parts. If they haven't found a new home, I'll check them out Sat.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 10
PUFF
September 20, 2018, 1:05pm Report to Moderator

Ace
they were still there as of Wed morning.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 10
PUFF
September 20, 2018, 1:06pm Report to Moderator

Ace
they were still there as of Wed morning. back of the class-room in the terminal building.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 5 - 10
PUFF
September 26, 2018, 11:32am Report to Moderator

Ace
It was good to Meet you Saturday morning Greg! You have a PM by the way.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 10
Greg Doe
September 26, 2018, 5:56pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Puff It was a pleasure to meet you last Saturday. It's always a treat to meet folks who have similar interests, and passions. It looks like the weather will cooperate for next Saturday's breakfast in Lebanon. I plan to make it. It took me a while to locate your PM, which I tried to answer with an email. I hope you get it?                          Greg
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 7 - 10
nathan.bissonette
October 9, 2018, 11:30pm Report to Moderator

Flight Leader
Time Online: 1 days 9 hours 13 minutes
Puff, when you do the weight and balance on your Mini Max, could you take a photo of the tailwheel scale stand?  I can't figure out how to balance it.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 10
Greg Doe
October 10, 2018, 12:58am Report to Moderator
Ace
Put something like a shop stool under the tail wheel that has the airplane slightly nose high. Put the scales on it, and then shim until the fuselage longerons are level. Add two more scales. One under each wheel. Establish a datum, and proceed with standard weight and balance calculations.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 9 - 10
PUFF
October 10, 2018, 11:56am Report to Moderator

Ace
EXACTLY as Greg Doe says is what I did. Worked just fine. Fuselage longerons being level is critical. I also used a postal scale on my tailwheel to get exact weight, as bathroom scales won't be accurate enough back there. a good set of digital scales under the mains are needed as well.
The weight an balance calculations are in the back of the flight manual, I believe.
I established my Datum with a plumb-bob from the front of the wing.
Pretty simple. Also, don't do it on a windy day.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 10 - 10
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment