Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Could this Internatio9nal 3-cylinder 2-stroke work Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

Could this Internatio9nal 3-cylinder 2-stroke work  This thread currently has 274 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
CTJoe
August 14, 2018, 1:35pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 4 hours 3 minutes
....in the V-Max?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/2SI-2.....5738.m4383.l4275.c10

I know next to nothing about aircraft engineering, so I'm just throwing things against the wall to see if anything sticks.  In the end, I'm sure I'll end up sticking to something that's thoroughly established as a working combination, but in the meanwhile, I'm curious about solutions that could end up being low-cost.  On that topic, a just-rebuilt VW aero conversion just sold for $700. Unfortunately, it was in Canada, and I couldn't talk him into boxing it up for UPS (about $300 delivered).
Logged Offline
Private Message
radfordc
August 14, 2018, 2:44pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 18 days 1 hours
Could it work? Yes.  But you would need some sort of reduction drive and a radiator and a suitable mount.  Lots of work involved for sure.  Also, parts for these old engines aren't widely available.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 4
CTJoe
August 15, 2018, 2:40pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 4 hours 3 minutes
Probably far more trouble than it's worth.  Not to mention, probably little or no established reputation for reliability as an aircraft engine, and for me, that's pretty much #1 priority.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 4
tomshep
August 16, 2018, 4:41pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 28 days 19 hours 43 minutes
I simply don't get it. People show the committment to spend lots of time and money building an aeroplane then skimp on the most vitally (yes, vitally) important bought in part. Don't. Buy a proper engine.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 4
Antoni
August 18, 2018, 6:07am Report to Moderator

'Max, Chaser and Quik fan
Ace
Time Online: 2 days 2 hours 53 minutes
Our aircraft are gliders which are capable of taking off without a tug.

The longer the engine runs the better.

That's it as far as the engine is concerned.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Could this Internatio9nal 3-cylinder 2-stroke work

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment