Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Moving Day Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

Moving Day  This thread currently has 99 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
ironnerd
August 13, 2018, 10:44am Report to Moderator
Guest User
My Hi-Max project, "Chibi-Kaze"   made it to it's temporary "hangar" over the weekend.

The day started with the 80th birthday of my friend's dad, celebrated at Cartersville Airport in North Georgia. After cleaning up, my buddy (Eddie) decided we should just go ahead and move the plane that afternoon. He just bought a nice GMC Sierra (super-used) and I think he wanted to test it out (of course he had to rush to get insurance and a tag). So we went to another guy's house (hangar mate) to get the trailer. The trailer had been stored in a barn for a year, and I spent several minutes wiping out wasp nests. We found a tag (that expires this month), stuck it to the trailer and headed North to Calhoun, GA.

It turns out the trailer tends to shake (a lot) below 45 and above 55 mph. We loaded up the plane (pretty easy) and proceeded to shake-test the plane for about two hours. We got to my place around 10:00 p.m. too dark to off-load the plane.

...Fast forward 12 hours...

We off-loaded the plane without issue. I two small areas where parts had rubbed together, and a couple of bonds that popped loose on some of the thin stock in the ailerons. Got the plane tucked away in the Greenhouse, and took Eddie to Bar-B-Que.

All things considered, not a bad day (pictures to follow).

still geeking in place.
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment