Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Interesting himax takeoff Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Interesting himax takeoff  This thread currently has 379 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
gyrojeffro
August 8, 2018, 1:58am Report to Moderator
Guest User
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxMqnhyt5o4

The title is "first flight himax, no training". It looks like he had some training even if it was his own but was caught off guard how quickly a taildragger can ground loop/too much crosswind for a untrained pilot.   It looks like he did the right thing and got off the ground to avoid ripping his airplane into splinters.
gyrojeffro
August 8, 2018, 2:06am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from 509
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxMqnhyt5o4

The title is "first flight himax, no training". It looks like he had some training even if it was his own but was caught off guard how quickly a taildragger can ground loop/too much crosswind for a untrained pilot.   It looks like he did the right thing and got off the ground to avoid ripping his airplane into splinters.

If anyone knows who this pilot is I would suggest a little taildragger time and some stall practice and maybe some spin training! I have already seen where this could go and it ain't pretty!
E-mail Reply: 1 - 6
beragoobruce
August 8, 2018, 4:23am Report to Moderator
Built an Eros - now I'm flying it!
Ace
Time Online: 19 days 10 hours 59 minutes
Why was he flying so low on his (allegedly) first flight? Does he think that's safer??  And crazy to let an uncontrolled/untrained dog run loose on an airstrip.

Hope he lives long enough to become an adequate pilot. . .

Bruce
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 6
gyrojeffro
August 8, 2018, 4:41am Report to Moderator
Guest User
I have seen this same behavior from someone who bought an airplane and ended up with his engine and body buried in the ground. I will save the gory details!
E-mail Reply: 3 - 6
The Termite
August 8, 2018, 10:04am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 5 days 3 hours 12 minutes
You can't fix stupid...............

Here's a hint regarding wind turbines:  If you see them,  there is for sure a fair amount of wind, a LOT of the time.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 6
ironnerd
August 8, 2018, 10:29am Report to Moderator
Guest User
That was painful to watch...
E-mail Reply: 5 - 6
Ricardo
August 10, 2018, 11:43pm Report to Moderator

Videos in UTube: ral1951
Ace
Time Online: 75 days 23 hours 15 minutes
Sorry, but what a jerk! He could have an awful accident with his wife? recording everything.
The dog seems to be more aware of the situation running  behind that awfull landing, probably to rescue is injured master!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment