Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  is 1/2 VW a workable option with a 1030? Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

is 1/2 VW a workable option with a 1030?  This thread currently has 205 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
LSaupe
August 5, 2018, 4:10pm Report to Moderator
Flight Leader
Time Online: 1 days 10 hours 40 minutes
I imagine the answer is no, but curious to hear if anyone has been able to build  part 103 MiniMax using a 1/2 VW as a power plant?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Stilson
August 5, 2018, 7:02pm Report to Moderator
Flight Leader
Time Online: 1 days 5 hours 36 minutes
I have one that JUST makes weight without a battery in it (electric starter and ring gear are a couple pounds that could be shaved off).  Cut case, aluminum cylinders, small minimal gauges, the discontinued light stits certified fabric (I believe it's still available as uncertified), light tail. It's more of a cross model though.  It has the 4th drag brace in the wing and the styled rear turtle deck but it has a lot of attention to details to get rid of every extra gram in every part.  Can it be done yes, easily no, but not impossible.  Iron cylinders, uncut case, sloppy build, lots of things can make the difference
Private Message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  is 1/2 VW a workable option with a 1030?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment