Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Rotax 447 Parts Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

Rotax 447 Parts  This thread currently has 169 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Max SSDR
July 30, 2018, 5:53pm Report to Moderator
If it flies, floats or fornicates.... rent it!
Flight Leader
Time Online: 3 days 18 hours 44 minutes
Guys, Rotax 2T parts have obviously got a lot more expensive since Rotax stopped supporting them. Genuine Rotax spares are roughly the same price from CPS or UK sources. However, I've seen some parts (Piston Sets and Ring Sets) on Ebay, from the USA which are a lot cheaper. The company concerned calls themselves Aerotechs (their Ebay store).

I need a ring set and they have one that works out at around 60% of the 'Genuine' Rotax parts cost. Their piston sets include ceramic coated pistons too.

Anyone dealt with them or heard about the quality of their parts? Because I'm sorely tempted to press that Buy it Now Button!
Logged Offline
Private Message
PUFF
July 30, 2018, 7:22pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 34 days 6 hours 18 minutes
I will tell you a story. I once bought an engine from ebay that was rebuilt by a "quality" supplier. It was subsequently installed on an ultralight and tested. Soon afterwards, I sold it to a friend in LA. The thing seized and crashed because of those "quality" aftermarket pistons. I'll not buy anything rotax from Fleabay again. I'll go to TriStateKites, or a recommended builder.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 3
tomshep
July 31, 2018, 12:39pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 28 days 19 hours 43 minutes
I asked the same question some years ago. The sled racers reckoned the non Rotax pistons were better. I fitted a set. They work fine, run smoothly and I have every confidence in the engine.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 3
Max SSDR
August 1, 2018, 4:48pm Report to Moderator
If it flies, floats or fornicates.... rent it!
Flight Leader
Time Online: 3 days 18 hours 44 minutes
Thanks Tom, interesting contrast in opinion!
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment