Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  F23 Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

F23  This thread currently has 198 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
LSaupe
July 5, 2018, 11:36pm Report to Moderator
Flight Leader
Time Online: 1 days 10 hours 40 minutes
Any of you guys running an F23 on your MiniMax or HiMax?  If so, have you been happy with it so far?  Nice looking opposed 2 stroke.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Jeff.T
July 6, 2018, 4:41pm Report to Moderator

Fledgling Member
Time Online: 9 hours 22 minutes
Running the F23 on my AirBike and have 48 hrs as of 7/5/18.  Has always run great, and even better now that I worked out the exhaust arrangement (heavier gauge mild steel, proper angle for the AirBike, 21" from cylinder to tank front, with some flex pipe for vibration mitigation; looks and sounds a lot better, too).  The motor always starts up right away; even did after sitting thru the 5 months of winter.  I have the prop pitch set for better cruise, so my climb outs are a little weak, but pulling back throttle and cruising at 5000 rpm gives me 65 mph easy.  I use 91 octane with 90:1 mix of BlueMax oil from Recreational Power Engineering (RPE) in Tiffin, OH.  I recommend you checking out the RPE website and talking with Matt Dandar there to get good scoop on the motor.  
Here's some pics.

Attachment: airbike_hirth_f23_new_exhaust_front_9513.jpg
Size: 311.02 KB

Attachment: airbike_hirth_f23_lf_1324.jpg
Size: 252.58 KB

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
LSaupe
July 6, 2018, 10:34pm Report to Moderator
Flight Leader
Time Online: 1 days 10 hours 40 minutes
Thanks Jeff!  Nice install.