Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  bulkhead "cable safe" fitting over 1/4" Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
Lynn and 5 Guests

bulkhead "cable safe" fitting over 1/4"  This thread currently has 163 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
kfb
April 18, 2018, 1:09am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 5 days 13 hours 10 minutes
Hi
I'm trying to set up the throttle control on my Max.  I had picked up a fairly expensive throttle control/cable at a fly in flea market for pennies on the dollar so I am trying to use it rather than spending $75-125 for a new one.  The problem is that the outer sheath of the cabling is about .260 and it won't go through a quarter inch "cable safe" bulkhead fitting like is available at AS&S.  I have several of the quarter inch fittings but it needs to be slightly larger for the flea market throttle.  I've asked Mr. Google to try to find one on the net but have come up empty.  Any suggestions on where I can get a bulkhead fitting that clamps down on the throttle cable sheath to hold it in place which has an ID over 1/4"?  Thanks.
Kim Brown
New Hampshire
Logged Offline
Private Message
gyrojeffro
April 18, 2018, 2:13am Report to Moderator
Guest User
I assume this is what your talking about? drill it out with a .260 drill bit. I had the exact opposite problem my cable was less than 1/4". If your worried about the cable slipping add a little epoxy to the sheathing on the cockpit and firewall side after you get the throttle limits set.

Attachment: img_20180417_220631135_7579.jpg
Size: 131.10 KB

E-mail Reply: 1 - 2
kfb
April 18, 2018, 10:05am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 5 days 13 hours 10 minutes
Worth a try, thanks
Kim Brown
New Hampshire
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  bulkhead "cable safe" fitting over 1/4"

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment