Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  himax with no plexiglass side panels Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 9 Guests

himax with no plexiglass side panels  This thread currently has 390 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
gyrojeffro
April 13, 2018, 2:00am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Is it ok to leave the plexiglass off the side panels of the door etc? what about the plexiglass at the rear of the turtledeck. I like to hang my hand out the door like a redneck and feel the summer breeze.  
Doug Green
April 13, 2018, 7:35am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 10 hours 35 minutes
I had a HiMax years ago and never flew it with the side windows installed but I never flew without the rear window.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 8
George Sychrovsky
April 13, 2018, 8:39pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
I made a hinged flip down window and the door on three hinge sections so I could pull the pins and remove it in seconds, I didn't fly much that way as I am more of an enclosed kinda pilot. When it was hot I flew with the window open until I reached altitude where it cooled off and then closed it anyway.

There was a guy at Sun 'N' Fun once who flew his with only a windshield.
E-mail Reply: 2 - 8
Keith103
April 13, 2018, 10:30pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 13 days 6 hours 31 minutes
Private Message Reply: 3 - 8
gyrojeffro
April 14, 2018, 2:12am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from 71
I made a hinged flip down window and the door on three hinge sections so I could pull the pins and remove it in seconds, I didn't fly much that way as I am more of an enclosed kinda pilot. When it was hot I flew with the window open until I reached altitude where it cooled off and then closed it anyway.

There was a guy at Sun 'N' Fun once who flew his with only a windshield.

One of the guys I used to fly with flew a skyranger was a enclosed pilot like yourself. The skyranger doors can be removed for summer flying. I wasn't flying with him at the time and he told me about how his door flew open in flight and nearly gave him a heart attack. I am not a fan of heights myself but somehow I feel less vulnerable straped into a airplane.  

E-mail Reply: 4 - 8
gyrojeffro
April 14, 2018, 2:16am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Keith103

exactly keith
E-mail Reply: 5 - 8
Bill Metcalf
April 16, 2018, 4:18pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 22 days 7 hours 24 minutes
All those additional exposed round struts must add a ton to an already draggy airframe.
Site Private Message Reply: 6 - 8
George Sychrovsky
April 16, 2018, 4:33pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Curiously I don't remember seeing any report or evidence of this plane flying
E-mail Reply: 7 - 8
Bob Daly
April 17, 2018, 2:00pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 45 days 22 hours 25 minutes
The Paramax hasn't flown yet.  I hope it isn't draggier than the Leohle Sport Parasol.  I'm prepared to go to a more powerful engine if needed.
Private Message Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment