Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  position when installing spar pins in fuse Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

position when installing spar pins in fuse  This thread currently has 167 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
kfb
April 7, 2018, 1:59am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 5 days 13 hours 10 minutes
Hi
Getting to the point in the build process where I can look down the road in the process and what I am now seeing is that it doesn't look like there is a good position to be standing in when one is putting the pins into the wing spar attach points.  Seems like you have to reach over and under and around and doing that somewhat blindly.  You have to stand either in front or back of the wing and neither seems very friendly to me at this point.  Is there a trick to it or am I missing something as I am not fully at the end of the build process?  Thanks.
Kim Brown
New Hampshire
Logged Offline
Private Message
Greg Doe
April 8, 2018, 2:29am Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 40 days 14 hours 20 minutes
Kim, The first wing panel is the easy one, because you can reach across the fuselage. I have my partner hold the wing by the tip while I install the front pin ( I use an A&N bolt). Next attach the struts. For the second wing panel I climb into the cockpit, and install the "pins", and then attach the struts. I hope that explanation is clear?
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
ulbuilder
April 8, 2018, 2:57pm Report to Moderator
N349LE
Ace
Time Online: 8 days 20 hours 59 minutes
I usually install the right wing first since thats where the hinge is for my canopy.
Pretty easy to reach those two pins from the left side without the left wing in the way.

When installing the left wing I use a small step stool at the front making it a bit easier to reach and see the front and rear pins.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  position when installing spar pins in fuse

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment