Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  annual condition inspection checklist Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

annual condition inspection checklist  This thread currently has 246 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
RedBird
August 18, 2015, 1:58am Report to Moderator

Ace
Time Online: 15 days 15 hours 4 minutes
Is anyone aware of, or has anyone created a MiniMax annual condition inspection checklist?

I am not the original builder of either of my n-numbered birds (1600r, Eros), so I will need to find an A&P to conduct my annual condition inspection. So far, that is easier said than done; although I think if I had a comprehensive checklist to work from I could probably get one to oversee the process/sign off.

I don't find such a document on the TEAM website, nor do I recall seeing one in any of the written docs I have received when acquiring planes, or in plans.

Those of you who fly planes  you did not build; what has been your experience, course of action when working with an A&P who might not be familiar with a max?  I know it is a very simple design; but I also know some A&Ps like to work off a "list."

Thanks!

Why focus on proving how great you are, when you could focus on becoming better?...
Logged Offline
Private Message
RedBird
August 18, 2015, 2:01am Report to Moderator

Ace
I meant to attach this to prior post.  This is generic starting point. I was asking if anyone had created a MiniMax specific list. Thanks again for any insights.

Attachment: condition_inspection_checklist_9222.pdf
58 downloads   -   Size: 56.28 KB

Why focus on proving how great you are, when you could focus on becoming better?...
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 8
RedBird
September 26, 2018, 10:26pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Raising this post from three years ago again.  Still wondering if anyone has such a thing? Thx!

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 8
Tom
September 26, 2018, 11:50pm Report to Moderator
Ace
Time Online: 16 days 10 hours 21 minutes
Just a thought:  I'm pretty sure no two of these aircraft, unless maybe built by the same person, are enough alike to really have a generic list for a condition inspection.  I'd just buy the shop manual for your engine, all of Tony Bingelis's books, and download or buy all the material from the FAA on "best practices" and distill out of all that your own detailed list for your aircraft.  I think that would be a fun project in and of itself.  It would help you gain a more intimate knowledge of your aircraft.  You'd probably find a number of things right now you'd want to tweak a bit for best practice.  The more you get into this the more fun it is.  At least it is for me.

Tom
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 8
RedBird
September 27, 2018, 12:17am Report to Moderator

Ace
Thank you for your thoughts Tom.
For the record,  I’m not looking for a “gonna use without thought” off the shelf list. I’ve had all the Bingelis books for over a decade. Have acquired several Rotax references. Am building an Eros (same model as bird I own), and enjoy experimental aviation hobby explicitly because of the learning opportunities it offers. Part of that involves learning from others, a big reason for participating on this board. Minimax builds may not all be absolutely identical, but seems there would typically be enough in common where an example max inspection checklist or two would provide a meaningful and useful starting point.

I guess I don’t see the value in insinuating that querying the group is not a reasonable idea.  If no one has a checklist to share, that is fine. But if someone does, I am sure it would be helpful to me, or I wouldn’t have asked. I’m pretty into this 😎 ✌️

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 4 - 8
Stilson
September 27, 2018, 2:19am Report to Moderator
Flight Leader
Time Online: 1 days 5 hours 36 minutes
One thing I'd recommend is checking the clevis pin/bolt on the the teleflex cable connection to the elevator.  I had a heart stop moment awhile ago, my daughter helped put the tail group on, she hooked up the controls.  Visual inspection looked perfect, but she had tightened the clevis bolt too tight to get the wire through the castle nut.  Controls felt normal, but when I pushed the stick full forward, then full back it locked up at full back. The clevice stuck on the horn at full forward and rotated down with it at full back and jammed. It took a couple repeats to see what was happening.  Thankfully it was found on the ground instead of in the air.  Make sure it rotates freely.  A "sticky" pin could have bad consequences.
Private Message Reply: 5 - 8
RedBird
September 27, 2018, 2:30am Report to Moderator

Ace
Quoted from Stilson
One thing I'd recommend is checking the clevis pin/bolt on the the teleflex cable connection to the elevator.  .

Very helpful. Thank you!

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 6 - 8
theecoop
September 27, 2018, 4:13pm Report to Moderator

Flying
Ace
Time Online: 19 days 5 hours 17 minutes
Check list is in the Flight manual,  free to download on our site

Perfect Practice makes perfect!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Reply: 7 - 8
RedBird
September 27, 2018, 4:19pm Report to Moderator

Ace
Quoted from theecoop
Check list is in the Flight manual,  free to download on our site

great! Thank you David.

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment