Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Your Hirth F-33 or Rotax 277 prop choice? Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 4 Guests

Your Hirth F-33 or Rotax 277 prop choice?  This thread currently has 737 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Ernie Luce
October 12, 2005, 3:53pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
If you are using an F-33 or Rotax 277, I would like to know what prop you are flying with.

I am installing an F-33 on an AirBike.  My 2 blade 56 inch powerfin does not seem to give me quite the thrust I was expecting, but I may still be overpitched according to Matt at RPE.

I got some good advice on a previous thread, but would like to hear from people actually flying in a Max or AirBike with the F-33 or 277 about your prop selection.

Many thanks, Ernie Luce, San Antonio Texas
George Sychrovsky
October 12, 2005, 4:04pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
You need 60 inch diameter prop. Powerfin recommendations are wrong ,
they recommend 56" for 277 also but that's because their blades are
wrong for this application, too big and too wide.

George
E-mail Reply: 1 - 4
Ernie Luce
October 12, 2005, 4:19pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Thanks George - you are not the first to suggest that the Powerfin recommendation may not be the best.  Do you have a brand recommendation for this application?  Powerfin's E blades (narrower) have a max diameter of 53 inches, I believe.

Ernie Luce
E-mail Reply: 2 - 4
jeftec
October 13, 2005, 12:34am Report to Moderator
Flight Leader
Time Online: 1 hours 27 minutes
Most 277's with a 2.58 gearbox use a 60x28 wooden prop. An Ultraprop with 3 blades at 56" and 12-13 degree pitch blocks works well too. I don't have any experience with the F33, but if the torque and hp is about the same at the same rpm and reduction ratio, the same prop should work.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 3 - 4
daveAB-85
October 13, 2005, 2:58am Report to Moderator
Guest User
AB-85
277, Hager belt drive 2.6?:1
is turning a Warp Drive 62"
Dave
E-mail Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Your Hirth F-33 or Rotax 277 prop choice?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment