Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Aileron Construction Questions Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 3 Guests

Aileron Construction Questions  This thread currently has 581 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Kevin Larke 1300Z
October 9, 2005, 5:48pm Report to Moderator
Flight Leader
Time Online: 2 days 11 hours 4 minutes
Greetings Guys,

This is my first post on the new board....a big THANKS to Alan for doing all this for us. I searched the old board and couldn't find my answers.

I'm looking at drawing 15 in my 1300Z plans. It shows 4 req'd pieces of RS-9 stock 5" long, cut 45 degrees on the ends. It has the 1/4" hole for the aileron pivot bolt, and two 3/16" holes for the aileron horn mounting. For the two RS-9 pieces at the tip end, do I need the 3/16" holes? I know these bolts mount the horns at the root ends, but are there also 3/16" bolts at the tip ends for strength? The plans don't say "Root End Only" for the two 3/16" holes.

The view next to the aileron horn drawing shows the nuts against the horn. The drawing in the lower right corner shows the bolt heads against the horn. I'm guessing the heads are outside with the nuts touching the horn, right?

At the center bottom of the page, it has the "End View of Root and Tip Rib". It doesn't show the bolts that mount the aileron horn. This makes me think I don't need the 3/16" bolts at the tip end. The drawing says root and tip end, so it seems like the horn mounting bolts would be shown on this view.

Also, in the "Outboard View of Root Rib", it shows the AN366F-1032 anchor nuts (4) - Root End Only. Are these needed at the tip, too, or are the normal lock nuts and washers used here? I can't find a drawing showing these details of the aileron at the tip rib. Maybe I'm missing something on another drawing.

I hope Harless won't find this too elementary. I just need some help on this. Thanks a lot!
Logged Offline
Private Message
jeftec
October 10, 2005, 12:06am Report to Moderator
Flight Leader
Time Online: 1 hours 27 minutes
Holes are not required at tip. I put the nut plates on tip end so I can remove the ailerons without pulling wing. Nuts are inside for more clearance between wing and fuselage.
Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment