Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
ETLB Squawk Forums    Building and Flying Related Boards    miniMax, Hi-Max, and AirBike General Discussions  ›  Put'n on the pants Moderators: Administrator Group
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 5 Guests

Put'n on the pants  This thread currently has 671 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
fxflyr
October 8, 2005, 5:09pm Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 5 hours 34 minutes
Just wondering how others attached their wheel pants to the axle....proving to be a little perplexing to me....I believe that there will have to be a doubler or support piece added to the fiberglass parts, but will they have to be added to both sides of the cover?  Trying to keep weight down where practical...Thanks, Gary in Des Moines
Logged Offline
Private Message
suzuki039
October 10, 2005, 2:30am Report to Moderator
Guest User
Gary
I am not sure about the max aircraft but most others use a flanged tube that fits inside the axle and bolts to the pant at the flang. There are usually doublers wherever  fastners are used (both sides).

"Des Moines" as in Iowa?
E-mail Reply: 1 - 5
fxflyr
October 10, 2005, 3:53am Report to Moderator
Fledgling Member
Time Online: 5 hours 34 minutes
10-4...I have yet to find a Des Moines in any other state,..lol!  I'll have to find some kind of reference to figure this one out....guess I'll head to the airport and check out the spam cans...see how they work....Gary in Salt Lake City...(UT)

Logged Offline
Private Message Reply: 2 - 5
T18flyboy
October 10, 2005, 7:27am Report to Moderator
Guest User
I am not sure if this will work - but I have tried to attach a .pdf file showing how pants ( spats here in the UK) are attached. The drawing isn't mine but sent to me by John Hamer who runs the UK Minimax Club. If it doesn't work I will email you direct.

Attachment: spat_drawing_208.pdf
downloads   -   Size: 69.58 KB

E-mail Reply: 3 - 5
T18flyboy
October 10, 2005, 7:31am Report to Moderator
Guest User
I have checked: just click on the file name and it should download and open on your PC ( assuming you have Adobe Acrobat installed) then it can be saved on your own hard disk.
E-mail Reply: 4 - 5
sandymac72b
October 10, 2005, 11:08pm Report to Moderator
Guest User
Gary

The directions that I got with my pants called for two short pieces of aluminum piano hinge.  They get pop riveted to each side of the pants and to the stut on the outboard side and the landing gear on the inboard side.  To remove the pants just pull the hinge pins.  It's easy, cheap and very light.

Dick
E-mail Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Click here for The photo of the Moment